Difficult to Write With: Comments / Trash Talk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

I just go to the refrigerator and hold my glass under the ice dispenser. I don't need to fish for it.

Ice fisherman: Somebody whose life isn't miserable enough, so he goes out in bitter cold on purpose and sits on a bucket in the middle of a lake so he can tell everybody how miserable it was.

Um hm.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

Ooops - residual brain fart from Puzzle #4.

Now I'll have to adjust my formula for the difference between MN$ and TX$.

I can accept that explanation; I'm not a total jerk. And being mistaken for Brad G isn't all bad for me. Probably not so good for him, though.

I see a glaring flaw in your formula, middle bottom. It's the quantity 48,000/♀

Obviously, it's a multiplier to account for manliness, and the feminine factor in the denominator would reduce the quotient. I'd agree that 40 lbs is greater than 16, and that manly men would have an easier time with the post driver than would even the burliest of Helgas.

However! (there's always a however) you didn't consider the derivation of the ♀ value:

It's

if denominator = ♀, then;
!man wrong! and value=∞/0;
else !man even wronger! and value=(o)(o);

So, your factor that you determined increased your post pounder, actually decreased the value by either 48000/(∞/0) or the deflection of distraction value of (o)(o).

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Burlman: I'm truly honored & humbled to learn that one of my pens provided inspiration to a fellow pen maker. My joy would only be exceeded if my entry is selected for the IAP Collection.

jcm71

Burlman: I'm truly honored & humbled to learn that one of my pens provided inspiration to a fellow pen maker. My joy would only be exceeded if my entry is selected for the IAP Collection.

My only regret is that my tent weight did not exceed 40 pounds.

jcm71

No double entendre intended, but methinks mrgator will always be striking out with looks like a sub six inch bat. And you wonder why Lucille can't be true.

Last edited:

Brian G

Two guys exchanging likes and complimenting each other about the weight of their pen is suggestive of overcompensating. Glen, though he hasn't said a word, probably is amused.

What's worse is the desperation of stabbing commercial (horror of horrors!) writing instruments into a non-turned, electrical tape adorned, run of the mill 4 x 4. The use of *gasp* commercial *gasp* writing instruments should be grounds for immediate disqualification and the entrant should be required to change his avatar to:

attachment.php

I mean, why not just glue a Bic onto a locomotive engine and call it "Difficult to Write With?"

pfffft. . . everybody (almost, I mean, except for two people) knows that it's not how heavy your pen is, it's what you can't do with it.

Maybe all the pens that used ballpoints for the nib are considered 'Difficult to Write With" by sausage-fingered gorillas that haven't graduated to the use of fountain pens. That must make a well-rounded writing instrument featuring a fountain pen nib "Impossible to Write With" for them.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Shameful.jpg
    Shameful.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 368
  • mic drop.jpg
    mic drop.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

Brian G

So, to recap this whole sordid mess that, for some peculiar and macabre reason mbroberg enjoys (maybe it's like a car crash scene), before the voting starts

The pen IS mightier than the sword: A good freestyle entrant that clearly is the MOST write-worthy pen entered. It's just not bad enough to win. In fact, whole battalions of shooting enthusiasts would LOVE to write with it. It deserves last place, which in this contest is the most honorable placing.

Hillbilly Fencepost Pen By default, the target customer would find even a sharpened stick scrawling his "X" for his name in the signature line difficult to write with on account of the inability to write in the first place. Probably thinks, "some durn fool done roo-int this'n bobwyur I wuz uzin fer flossin the space batween me two good toofs!"

Eyes on You A nib on a log. Why not tap a live tree and keep recyling?

Check-Mate Hey, didn't you used to be a pepper mill, only now you're nothing to sneeze at?

A Nail in the Hand Pointy things sticking out, and a difficult plunger to operate. Where have we seen that before? Oh, I know,

144200d1454898982-difficult-write-contest-pokeyoupine-power-pen.jpg

Convertable Post Driver Just read this thread from the start. Nothing more needs to be said.

Fountain of Bowlage I plead the 5th, but it's the only fountain pen in the contest. Too bad it's not a dip pen nib. Bowling alley wax makes for a nice finish. I should have made a spare.

Electrifying ExperienceDeprived a painter somewhere of half a roll of painter's tape, and a picture is missing it's picture wire. Wait. . . is that a COMMERCIAL PEN? DQ'd.

Lucille What did Negan say when he couldn't find it, and needed to sign paychecks for his loyal staff? "You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille. . ."

Three in One Special: Just read this thread. Again. . . COMMERCIAL PENS?

Boom goes the dynamite.

There is only one entrant worthy of the title of Difficult to Write With.

Talltim

Well the voting is off and going. Do you know how hard it is to talk your 80 year old mother into joining the pen turners association just so she can vote in this contest?

Brian G

Thank her for voting for me then, please.

BURLMAN, I have to be nice all day at work. I've been saving up. I tell people that I'm a nice guy, so if I'm mean to them, they should ask themselves why.

Last edited:

jcm71

BURLMAN, I have to be nice all day at work. I've been saving up. I tell people that I'm a nice guy, so if I'm mean to them, they should ask themselves why.

??? My comment above was meant as a compliment. My apologies to you and all if it was interpreted otherwise.

Last edited:

Brian G

??? My comment above was meant as a compliment. My apologies to you and all if it was interpreted otherwise.

:biggrin: I didn't interpret otherwise.

One of the problems with fake trash is that it can look like the real thing.

We're good.

Talltim

Well I guess since the vote is in, it is time for a concession speech. Congratulations to the winners on a job well done and to the people who supported me in my seventh place finish. I suppose this is not the place to get into possible voter fraud and potential russian interference in the elections so I will just leave it with Congratulations.

magpens

Well I guess since the vote is in, it is time for a concession speech. Congratulations to the winners on a job well done and to the people who supported me in my seventh place finish. I suppose this is not the place to get into possible voter fraud and potential russian interference in the elections so I will just leave it with Congratulations.

I think it is abundantly clear that we have here some candidates for the Offal Office.

Top Bottom