Choose ONLY 1

• Pen #2

Votes: 63 52.1%
  • Pen #3

Votes: 58 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobleibo

We have a tie for 3rd place in the Ball Point Pen contest between pen #2 and pen #3.

We will have a tie breaker poll. This will run until 9:24 pm EST Friday night

You may only vote for ONE pen.....

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Pen 2

I used the Artisan Deco pen kit. I made it from a solid bar of copper that was drilled out and glued the tube in to make sure the parts fit right, then turned it on the lathe with carbide tools and polished on lathe, then buffed out. After buffing I used a ball peen hammer and peened the entire surface which took forever by the way.

Attachments

• pen 2a.jpg
    pen 2a.jpg
    705.3 KB · Views: 279
  • pen 2b.jpg
    pen 2b.jpg
    727.2 KB · Views: 286

bobleibo

Pen 3

Majestic Squire Junior
My initial idea was to turn a pen from a single piece of Malachite, but in the end I decided to make it more interesting by adding some brass and a different shade of the semi-precious stone to the ends. The stone was drilled with a standard HSS drill and the initial turning was done with P80 sandpaper with a piece of plywood backing. Finished of with carbide tipped tools. No Finish was required as buffing brought out the beauty of the stone.

Attachments

• Pen 3a.jpg
    Pen 3a.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 280
  • Pen 3b.jpg
    Pen 3b.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 279

bobleibo

As the turner of pen 3, I concede.

Congratulations Pen 2

Charles
Nice gesture but not necessary. You both have a lot to proud of, as does each and every entry in all of the BASH contests. If you don't mind, I'm going to let this poll run it's course.
Thank you
Bob

Top Bottom