Votes: 32 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CREID

Pen #1
1a.JPG

1b.JPG
My pen is a Castellar Roller Ball.
It is made using a cane type construction, totally made by myself.
It is representing "Faux Damascus Steel"

Pen #2
2a.jpg

2b.jpg
Breast Cancer Awareness Blank on a Tudor kit
All canes used are made by myself.
This beautiful Tudor pen has over 40 hours worth of cane work alone put into it.
The peace dove is a healing symbol to those who are or have battled with breast cancer, it's symbol is meant to bring them peace while everything around them is chaotic.
Each flower, leaf, butterfly & dove cane slices are carefully layered to give the impression of a field of flowers while the pink ribbon is symbolic to their fight.
The blank was baked for 45 minutes, then wet sanded by hand through many grits of micro mesh and polished to a high glass like shine. Assembled onto a Tudor antiqued pewter twist pen kit.
I made this pen in honor of a loved one who was recently diagnosed and will be a gift for them along with a journal with the same design, her favorite color is pink.

Pen#3
3a.jpg

3b.jpg
This is my first slim line pen that I've ever done. We rescued a dog in Madison and this was a gift to the foster parents who took care of her while she healed. I originally thought it looked like like sand, but when my husband saw it, he said it looked like corian. I didn't use any commercial canes, everything is done by myself.

Pen#4
4a.jpg

4b.jpg
I call this the "Hawaiian Shirt". I Blended 5 different colors. Originally it was to be a kaleidoscope but I changed course at the end making a triangle, cutting the slices and placing them on the tubes randomly. Turning was a little delicate and finishing really brought out the colors. There was only enough to do a Baron and a Sierra. Can't sell them being I am emotionally attached to these......heheh.....

Pen #5
5a.jpg

5b.jpg
My polyclay entry is "Flower Fireworks", turned on a two-tone Elegant Sierra. I constructed my own canes from Kato poly clay, reducing the canes to various sizes and built the design upon the tube. Any open spaces were filled with the magenta clay and rolled smooth. After baking, the blank was lathe turned, polished & assembled.

Pen#6
6a.jpg

6b.jpg
Here is my entry in the Poly Clay contest.
The pen is a Elegant Sierra
The canes were purchased from Toni's Etsy store.
I cut and applied the canes ,then baked and finished with several coats of CA then polished with MM.

Pen#7
7a.jpg

7b.jpg
The Polyclay Canes were purchased from ETSY SHOP.
The Work process:
1. Design of the Blanks/Pen.
2. Turning the Yellow box burl wood blank,cap and body to accept the modified Fountain Pen kit and the polyclay slices.
3. Cutting very thin slices 0.010" - 0.015" of polyclay.
4. Attaching the polyclay slices to the Cap/Body Blanks.
5. Baking the cap/body blanks.
6. Fine turning of cap/body with polyclay.
7. CA Coating and very high polishing.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Pen #1
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
41 30.60% Pen #2
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif