Match The Pen To The Penmaker Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Welcome to the 2017 Pen / Penmaker Match-Up Contest. As the name implies, all contestants need to do is look at a photo of a pen and identify the member who made it from the list provided. Simple! For those of you who found last year's puzzle challenging I have some good news. I'll try not to make this year's edition any more challenging. In fact, since I am such a nice guy, I'm giving you five additional days to complete the puzzle. You're welcome!

Pictures can be from anywhere on the IAP. Nothing has been done to alter the appearance of any pen but orientation of the pen within the photo might have changed and photos may have been cropped.

In addition to the Universal Contest Rules, the contest rules are as follows:

Here is how this contest works. Photos of 100 pens and a list of 100 names are accessible by clicking the links below. Each of the pens pictured was made in 2016 by someone on the list and posted somewhere on the site during the year. It is possible that the pen was posted by someone other than the person who made it. We are looking for the name of the person who made the pen. None of the named pen makers made more than one pen. Your job is to match the pen with its maker. Each correct entry (All 100 pens matched to the correct penmaker) will be assigned a number. Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm on February 27. On February 28 I will go to Random.org and randomize the list of numbers 5 times. The entrants whose number corresponds with the 1st, 2nd & 3rd number on the list produced by Random.org will win 1st, 2nd or 3rd place accordingly.

In the event that no one correctly matches all pens to their makers the entries with the most correct matches will be used to determine the winners.

There is a limit of one entry per member.

Accessing and viewing the slide show

When you click the link for the slide show You should be able to see it in your web browser. Once all of the slides have loaded you may advance the slides manually by clicking the right arrow or go backwards by clicking the left arrow. You can also jump to an individual slide by clicking the"slide number" menu. Finally, if you want, you can run the slide show automatically by clicking the "Play" arrow. Stop the show by clicking the "Stop" button.

Accessing, using and submitting the Answer Form.

Click on the link for the answer form and it should download to your computer (Retrieve it from your Download Folder) in Excel format. Save the form to your computer. You can fill in the pen numbers directly in the form or print the form out if you would rather do them by hand first. If you do them by hand, once you are done, complete the form on your computer and save it. Don't forget to fill in your name, IAP name, and your mailing address.

Attach the form to an email and send it to Match.The.Pen@penturners.org

As I receive and open the emails I will send a reply acknowledging that I received the email or notifying that I am disqualifying the entry along with the reason the entry is being disqualified. Emails received that do not contain the required information or that do not follow the format described can be disqualified. Time permitting, entries that are disqualified may be corrected by the contestant and resubmitted. No entries will be accepted that arrive in my mailbox after the stated conclusion of the contest.

The Prizes:

1st Place - A $50 Gift Certificate from Little Machine shop and a $50 gift certificate from Craft Supplies USA
2nd Place - A gift Certificate from Georges Bits of Timber from Edgar $50.
3rd Place - Rattler Prairie Blanks from JohnU $35

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

This is always a fun one......right up until the last 10 or so pens. Then it's maddening!

Been there done that and cursed a few times. OK alot of times. I am again disappointed though he did not use one of my pens. I would have been able to get at least one right.

jttheclockman

Something is wrong. I clicked on the answer sheet and there were no answers. All I saw was a list of names. What kind of cheat sheet is that:biggrin:

I'm sorry for the oversight John. See if this one works for you.

Now what we won't tell everyone else that there is a secret code in there and you need the decoder ring to figure it out. I have that ring so I am good to go. Thank you sir.

2d5f25db10ce9181ad676755ae3840c6.jpg

mbroberg

This is really bad... My name is on the answer sheet and I've gone through the slide show four times now... I can't even find my own pen!!!
Jeff (Skeleton2014)

Well, you know, I've been known to make a mistake now and again. I try to be very careful putting this together but sometimes things go askew. So I will double check to make sure there is no mistake on yours.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

:banana:Nope, no mistake, your pen is in there!:banana:

Skeleton2014

This is really bad... My name is on the answer sheet and I've gone through the slide show four times now... I can't even find my own pen!!!
Jeff (Skeleton2014)

Well, you know, I've been known to make a mistake now and again. I try to be very careful putting this together but sometimes things go askew. So I will double check to make sure there is no mistake on yours.

:banana:Nope, no mistake, your pen is in there!:banana:

I guess the only way to figure it out is to match all 99 other pens to their makers! I just don't remember any of them being my pen. A couple might be but, this is scary. I'm going to spen the weekend looking through my photo archives.
Thanks, Jeff

keithncsu

Sooooo I thought I was done making Rookie/1st Bash mistakes (see the Trivia Question #1 thread) but clearly not. I really wish I would've read/remembered the MADE IN 2016 statement.... Do y'all know how many pens are buried in this forum?!?!? I don't, but I think I saw them all :)

There was still 1 that I swear I never saw. It ended up being the last one without a name so hopefully I had the rest right.

mbroberg

Only 5 entries in the Match the Pen to the Penmaker Contest! Spend some time looking through all of the great pens that were posted in 2016 and enter for fame and prizes.

JodyS

Done! Thank you for the wonderful self-guided tour of the IAP site. It was nice to get to know so many people through their posts and pens. Amazing to see some of the truly fantastic pens out there, and educational to look at some early efforts and be able to do my own mental critique and evaluation!

Jody

PS - now I can get up and go work in MY shop now that this is no longer hanging just beyond my vision taunting me!

Top Bottom