Winners of the Difficult to Write With contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I know that many of you may already know this, but I am going to formally post the winners of the Difficult to Write With Contest.

First Place: Bad to the Bone Broadhead Beauty by RHoliday. Bob wins Elegant Lady Pen kits from The Golden Nib, $81, and A Gift Certificate from Alumilite for $25

Second Place: PlungePen by Brian G. Brian wins A Gift Certificate for Dymond Wood from LarryC $50

Third Place: Belle of the Ball by Sylvanite. Eric wins A BOB from southernclay $25

Congratulations to the winners. Thank you everyone who played, voted and donated prizes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Congrats to all and thanks for showing your dark side to us all. It has been noted and recorded for future use.:biggrin::biggrin:

Brian G

Thank you all for the comments, and thank you voters. Thanks, Mike, for chairing this contest. Congrats to Bob and Eric.

I especially appreciate the prize donors.

Good to see some warped entries. I like this contest because I don't have to be serious.

I figured this year I'd switch from sharp and painful to elegant, but impractical. The Celtic knots were a last minute addition. I almost cratered the whole thing. The lower knot is only half supported by the brass tube, and I drilled the hole a little deeper than needed so that adhesive slop would have somewhere to go. When I pushed the nib through the hole in the plunger, the handle snapped right at the knot. Fortunately, it was a clean break and I was able to re-glue.

Hope this contest continues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom