Pretty Wood Pen Contest Winners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

After a tough series of voting, the final three top Pretty Wood Pens have been selected:

In third place, winning a laser blank and pen kit from Kallenshaan Woods is Pen 19, entered by jsolie. Congratulations John!

P19L.jpg

In second place, winning a gift certificate for $50 from robutacion/George's Bits of Timber, is Pen 29, entered by budnder. Congratulations Roy! Roy finished first in the inaugural PWP contest during the 2016 Summer Extravaganza.

P29R.jpg

In first place, winning a Sterling Silver pen kit from Silver Pen Parts, is Pen 2, entered by jkhobbs1216. Congratulations Kyle.

P2L.jpg

The competition was tough, and impressive. Thank you to all of the entrants for your participation, and to the prize donors for helping support the PWP contest.

Here are the winners of the random draw prizes:

The winner of the Lou Metcalf PWP is: CarverGuy

The winner of the BOB from Edgar is: JohnU

The winner of the $25 GC from Signature Pen Supply is: Loucurr

Congratulations everyone!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Congratulations to all the winners and to those that did not win. We gave it a good run. Tough weeding through that group of pens. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall in each person's home when they voted and learned why that particular pen won.. This was one of the toughest competitions there was this year. There is nothing but Mother Nature and the camera. So the playing field is as level as it can ever be. But what is it that pushes those certain pens over the top in a competition like this??? It would be interesting to poll each person who voted.

Job well done all around. :)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
As I appreciate beautiful wood, this was a great contest to see - wonderful examples of great pens.

Congrats to all the entrants. And well done to the placers and Kyle.

JohnU

Beautify pens and fun contest. One of the Toughest votes I've ever had to make! Congrats to the makers of all of those beauties!

stonepecker

This was by far the most fun and hardest contest to vote on this year.
Happy for everyone who even entered this. Your skills were showing with the pens you made. You eye for what is beautiful, was more then apparent.

My hat is off to the winners and I admire all the pretty pens.
Congrats

Top Bottom