Pen Stand Contest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Pen Stand Competition

DO NOT POST PICTURES IN THIS THREAD

SEND TO Pen.Stand@penturners.org Please include your IAP member Id, real Name and address with your entry.

This contest is geared towards all IAP members with the basic goals of showing their creativity.

Winners will be determined by the IAP members' popular vote.

The final poll will be posted and the voting results will become public at that time.

The IAP Universal Contest Rules apply unless otherwise stated
Universal Contest Rules

The Rules:
1) The stand must be made by you (the person entering the contest) from raw materials.
2) There are no restrictions on tools or techniques.
3) It is intended that you make a pen stand specifically for this contest. Your pen stand cannot have been shown in any form in any way (on the web, in a catalog, at a meeting, whatever) before the contest judging is completed and winners are announced. Push yourself and make something new and special for the contest.

4) The pen stand should be finished as though it was ready to be displayed with 1 to 3 pens.

5) Contest entries will be accepted through End of day Saturday Feb. 18th

6) Only one pen stand per member may be submitted.

How to enter:

1. You will need to submit 2 pictures to enter.

2. The pictures should have the pen stand w/o pen, positioned flat on a plain solid color background and the pictures should be 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels tall. In the 2nd picture, you should have both the stand and the pen displayed in the most effective way to show the pen stand's uniqueness and your craftsmanship. The pen stand should fill the picture as much as possible. No props are allowed. Resizing and cropping of your photo are allowed. Be honest with your photo adjustments. If there is dust or flaws visible in the picture then (a) retake the pictures after removing the dust / fixing the flaw (real world, no photoshop flaw removal) or (b) submit as is. Contest chair reserves the right to eliminate photos if they are not in compliance with IAP size uploading guidelines.

3. All pictures should be submitted as jpg files with enough compression to keep each file size under 256KB. Email your entry pictures and the required information (see below) to Pen.Stand@pentruners.org
The following information is required:

a. The material used and method used to get to the final product.
b. Your IAP user name and your real name.
c. Prize winners may additionally be required to submit a mailing address for prize delivery,
but this is not required with the entry.

4. All emails submitted during the contest will be retained by me until the contest ends. After the contest is completed I will delete all emails I have received as well as the email account used for this contest. I will not retain or share email addresses with anyone.

Judging:
1. Winners will be decided by an IAP poll vote.

2. Depending on the number of entries there may be more than one vote.

3. Pictures will be posted and voting will begin on TBD.

4. Winners will be announced after the Polls are closed.
Rules are subject to change.

Prizes
First Place - Starter Stopper Kit worth $100 from Torne Lignum/ Ruth Niles
Second Place - A gift certificate for $50 from WoodnWhimsies
Third Place - Rattle snake pen blanks for Jr Gent from its_virgil - $35
Home of the Jack Daniels Whiskey Wood Blanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BeeAMaker

Clarification on #4 above

4) The pen stand should be finished as though it was ready to be displayed with 1 to 3 pens.

Does that mean the stand can hold anywhere from 1 to 3 pens, or it should hold up to 3 pens but you only need pictures of it holding 1 to 3 pens, or can it hold more?

How many pens must the stand be able to hold?

jimm1

Clarification on #4 above

Does that mean the stand can hold anywhere from 1 to 3 pens, or it should hold up to 3 pens but you only need pictures of it holding 1 to 3 pens, or can it hold more?

How many pens must the stand be able to hold?

The pen stand can hold up to 3 pens. So a stand can hold 1, 2, or 3 pens, but no more.

Top Bottom