Free Style Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
2017 Freestyle Pen Contest
In addition to the Universal Bash Guidelines, the contest rules are as follows:

The trademark of this contest is it has the most freedom for creative design.

The Rules
1. It must write.
2. It must be made by you.
3. You may use any and all tools at your disposal as long as you are the one that operates it.

The spirit
This is the contest where we stretch the boundaries of our craft and put more emphasis on the concept and the design than on function. We are looking for the pen that inspires pen design for the next year. In my time as a member here I have seen space ships, modern rifles, medieval weapons, musical instruments, spongebob, a hat with a feather in it, dragons, a stack of animals that were carved out of brass, lab equipment, and others that at present slip my mind. All of these were works of art that also happened to be pens. This is what we are looking for.

Entries
Send entries to. Free.Style@penturners.org Please include your member ID, real name and address.
A maximum of three pictures will be posted along with your brief description of your work. Judging will be done by the pictures you provide.
Contest will start Wednesday Feb 1st and entries will be accepted through End of day Saturday Feb. 18th.

Judging
Winners will be decided by popular vote.
If more than 10 entries there will be a runoff pole.
Pens will be judged on originality and execution.
Pictures and polls will be posted on Monday Feb 20th and end Wednesday Feb 22nd.

Prizes
Prizes will be given to the top three entries.
First Place - A gift certificate for $100 from Suffolk Machinery
Second Place - A gift certificate for $50.00 from Rockler
Third Place - Prairie Rattler blanks from JohnU $35.00
Good Luck Everybody!!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

Well I ruined my attempt today. Looks like I am out for this year. If I get another chance it will be miraculous

I will always remember your pen that was a tribute to the olympics. An all time favorite of mine.

12d1e6c86263006d524cd3b3694e60c4.jpg
79df31cbac604cc630d133d424c6bfb2.jpg
f0fb4776868efd42f53b261fcf6459c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom