Slim Line Unlimited Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Here are the rules for the Slimline Unlimited Contest
1. You must use a slimline kit for this contest. From this kit you must use at minimum the transmission.
2. Your completed pen must resemble a non slimline kit.
3. Parts may not be used from any other non slimline kits.
4. To enter the contest please use this email. Slimline.Unlimited@penturners.org Please include your user Id, real name and address and [strike] 200-300 photos [/strike] Up to 3 will be fine. :biggrin:
5. The contest will close on Feb. 14 @ midnight (Mountain Time)
6. Winners will be determined by IAP membership voting.

Prizes, yes there are prizes, not because Derek deserves any but those of you that put up with his ways and contests do.
1st Place - Turning Tool Set from Hanu $92.00
2nd Place - gift certificate for $50.00 from Lee valley Tools
3rd Place - gift certificate for $25.00 from Turner Warehouse. / Chad Schimmel

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You get disqualified if you only submit up to 3 photos?:confused::eek:

Last edited:

firewhatfire

This contest and the ballpoint both deserved entries that can ve DQ'd so I volunteer as tribute. Derek I started to post your favorite pen of mine to be DQ'd :devil::giggle:

76C299DA-A589-4B34-A1E6-59EA16FCCC85-1358-0000023AD9C667F6.jpg

D.Oliver

That's a good example of what were looking for! Used a slimline kit and made it look like a Euro/Designer kit. Thanks for the great example Phil! Now, everybody else who doesn't want you pen DQ'ed (That doesn't stand for Dairy Queen!) USE THE EMAIL TO ENTER YOUR PEN!

BTW Phil if you would have posted pictures of the other pen, I don't think we could be friends any longer. I mean it was bad enough I had to see it once, but to make me look at it again..........

firewhatfire

Now all those not in the know will be wondering.....:hypnotized::hypnotized::hypnotized:......I bet it leads to a few searches to find the most awesome pen ever posted on the forum.

That's a good example of what were looking for! Used a slimline kit and made it look like a Euro/Designer kit. Thanks for the great example Phil! Now, everybody else who doesn't want you pen DQ'ed (That doesn't stand for Dairy Queen!) USE THE EMAIL TO ENTER YOUR PEN!

BTW Phil if you would have posted pictures of the other pen, I don't think we could be friends any longer. I mean it was bad enough I had to see it once, but to make me look at it again..........

D.Oliver

I have some exciting news! Hubert donated 3 Trustone blanks to the Slimline Unlimited Contest. We will have a drawing for these wonderful pen blanks. All you have to do to get in the drawing is enter the Slimline Unlimited Contest. THANK YOU Hubert!

chartle

Ok after swearing off Competitive pen turning and Just when I thought I was out, you guys pulled me back in!

I just sent in my submission. :)

Cwalker935

Well darn, I missed the he deadline. I had what I thought was a good concept and planned on finishing it on Sunday. I came down with a stomach virus Saturday night and have been laid low ever since. Good luck guys. Maybe next year.

D.Oliver

Okay, everyone that has entered the contest should have received a email response from me. If you have not please PM me or post in this thread.

Top Bottom