Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
This auction will begin Feb 15 and end Feb 18

AUCTION #3: [profile=SteveG]Steve Guzy[/profile] Koa Pen Box

This is a handcrafted pen box, made from premium Curly Koa and Gabon Ebony. The box is 8 1/8 inches long, 2¾ inches tall, and is lined with imported satin. It is designed for a single pen, will handily accommodate a large pen, and allows generous interior space to easily grasp the pen when removing it from the box. The finish is lacquer, hand rubbed to a soft sheen. The box was entered in the highly competitive IAP 2016 Bash Pen Box Contest, in which it took First Place. One of the photos provided shows the box with a full size Lazerlinez "Desire" pen (not included) for size reference.

attachment.php

penbox-2.jpg penbox-3.jpg penbox-4.jpg

THANK YOU, STEVE!

Attachments

• penbox.jpg
    penbox.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,137
Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Here we go with Auction #3!

Our highly skilled and persuasive auctioneer will now provide YOU with an opportunity to own this absolutely stunning pen box.

Take it away CHUCK!

This auction will end about 7pm on Feb 18.

jttheclockman

This is a very well thought out box and the craftsmanship is outstanding. The way the lines flow make it worthy. A very nice gesture to donate this work of art Steve. Thanks and good luck to all bidders.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good morning Peeps!

Looks like we have a new bid by
billofwrites at $125.00!!

Thank you Bill!

Do we hear $150.00 this morning?

SteveG

Did you say BLANK??

As I sit here looking at this Koa/Ebony Pen box that is at auction, I was just thinking (I know, could be trouble :eek: :rolleyes: ), it might be nice for the ultimate winner to have a nice Koa pen BLANK to accompany the BOX. In keeping with that thought, when the box departs on its journey to a new home, it will be joined by a very nice Curly Koa blank. Not just any nice Curly Koa blank...this will be from my private stock, from among the best that I have! :)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
As I sit here looking at this Koa/Ebony Pen box that is at auction, I was just thinking (I know, could be trouble :eek: :rolleyes: ), it might be nice for the ultimate winner to have a nice Koa pen BLANK to accompany the BOX. In keeping with that thought, when the box departs on its journey to a new home, it will be joined by a very nice Curly Koa blank. Not just any nice Curly Koa blank...this will be from my private stock, from among the best that I have! :)

Awesome Steve! Thanks for making the pie even sweeter!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good morning!
Another fine day to bid on Steve's Curly Kao Pen Box!

Goodturns is potential owner with a top bid of $150.00.
Get your good name in here, with a bid of $175.00:biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Since we have Presidents Day week-end beginning maybe it is time to get some presidents involved....4 Grants 1 Jackson and 1 Lincoln (currency not coin version) 1 Jefferson (currency not coin version) and 1 Washington (currency not coin version).

The above are not the only presidents to appear on currency but the others (McKinley $500. Cleveland $1000 and Madison $5000) were eliminated by the Federal Reserve in 1969 because then President Nixon worried they made money laundering too easy. Technically they are still legal tender but worth several times their face value so no one would be likely to spend one. Woodrow Wilson appeared on a $100,000 Gold certificate but they were never available to the public but a couple of museums have them on display. The gold certificates also came in $100 $1000 and $10000 but they were only good for bank/bank transfers. I have seen actual bills up to $10,000 at the place where bills are printed on a tour in 1955, they still might have display copies showing there but I don't know since 1955 was the only time I was there.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Since we have Presidents Day week-end beginning maybe it is time to get some presidents involved....4 Grants 1 Jackson and 1 Lincoln (currency not coin version) 1 Jefferson (currency not coin version) and 1 Washington (currency not coin version).

The above are not the only presidents to appear on currency but the others (McKinley $500. Cleveland $1000 and Madison $5000) were eliminated by the Federal Reserve in 1969 because then President Nixon worried they made money laundering too easy. Technically they are still legal tender but worth several times their face value so no one would be likely to spend one. Woodrow Wilson appeared on a $100,000 Gold certificate but they were never available to the public but a couple of museums have them on display. The gold certificates also came in $100 $1000 and $10000 but they were only good for bank/bank transfers. I have seen actual bills up to $10,000 at the place where bills are printed on a tour in 1955, they still might have display copies showing there but I don't know since 1955 was the only time I was there.
Smitty, is this a bid of $228.00?

jttheclockman

Some people just want to make your job harder. Just be glad it is not in foreign currency. Isn't there talk about changing presidents on certain bills?? Then we would have to calculate all over again. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Considering this auction will end tonight, and not knowing when Smitty37 will return to this thread. I am not going to accept his post as a legitimate bid, because he used the word "maybe".

I'm resetting the highest bid by Wizard at
$175.00

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Yes

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Considering this auction will end tonight, and not knowing when Smitty37 will return to this thread. I am not going to accept his post as a legitimate bid, because he used the word "maybe".

I'm resetting the highest bid by Wizard at
$175.00
Picky, picky, picky.......

tbroye

Smitty 37 didn't you bid like that in last year auctions? Since I live in California I could bid in, oh better not Hope my refund gets soon so I can bid one of the Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom