Welcome to the 2017 Birthday Bash

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Welcome one and all. The 13th Anniversary Birthday Bash has now began.
We have contests for all level of pen makers,casters, and Pen stand and Box makers. This year we are introducing the Poly Clay contest and the Pretty Wood Pen contest to the bash. We have lots of old favorites including Trivia and Edgar will be along shortly to torment you with Puzzles.

If your new to turning check out the Turning Challenged Contest run by Derek.
Its not only for new turners but also those who may not have a lot of experience although they have been turning for a while.

The fun continues this year with Mike Broberg bringing back the Match the pen and pen maker and the "DIfficult to Write With Contest".

CHeck out all the contests and see if there isnt something that will challenge you!

Prizes will be announced for each contest as I get them sorted out.
Make sure you check out the Discount Forum for special codes for discounts from various Vendors that donate to the Bash. While your using those codes make sure that you thank them for supporting the Bash.

Good Luck to all of you entering contests. The only way not to win is to not enter!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Oh my Gosh. It's here!
Be sure to enter the basic casting contest and the polyclay contest.
Good luck to everyone.

CREID

Wow. Now I wish I wasn't running the Polyclay and Basic casting contests. I just had a look at the prizes and WOW! Some people are going to be getting some nice stuff. Wish I could enter. I can't though. But YOU can.

jttheclockman

It is here

clap-animated-animation-clap-smiley.gif

jttheclockman

Contests, prizes, discounts galore, fame, fortunes, wit and humor, what else can you possibly want in a month long event. Shake off those winter blues and join in the fun. Also when those contests start showing the entries please make sure to vote and support those that took the time to not only enter but those that took the time to run them. The more votes shows the committee that the membership cares and wants more. Lets have some fun.

BobGast

I am new here. Exactly what is the bash? When are the contests judged etc. Is the bash here online or at some location and if the answers to all of these questions are elsewhere than in this thread my apologies as I am still trying to find my way around this iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Bob
At the top of the front page you will see the links to the contest rules and how to submit an entry. There are links for all the contests. Each contest has a due date and an email to submit your entry. After the closing date the Chairmen that run the contest will post a poll with pictures/ and guidelines so the members can vote on the ones they like.

Trivia is a daily contest thats asks you to find certain information about IAP and submit it. You can win a daily prize by random drawing or there are 3 prizes for the people that get all or the most answers right. Rules are in the Trivia contest

studioso

gosh,
life has fortunately kept me so busy that when I looked at my lathe yesterday I realized I haven't turned a pen in over a year.
The bash is hopefully just what I need to get me back in the shavings!

bedangerous

After lurking and learning this is the first year of participating. My wife wants to know what the Mug I bought is for.

I told her it is for pens.

Thanks to this site and everyone for all the help and guidance. Hopefully I can make all the pen kits I have bought.

Mitch

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
As we Progress through the Bash and Prizes are won there may be a delay in getting your prize out to you. We have several members and Vendors that donate multiple prizes and prefer a single list of winners at once. The Prizes donated may be given out over the entire month of the Bash. This makes things easier on us and them, trying to track who notified whom.
If you win a BOB from a member that will usually is quickly dispatched but it can be as late as March for some of the others. We Usually hold the Losers Train Drawing the First day or two in March and I have to wait until that is done before some of the vendors can be contacted.

Jdubfudge

I'm enjoying all the posts from this years bash and my first. Unfortunately due to an unexpected deployment to SE Asia with only a few days notice, I didn't have the time to do to finish all my entries or take any photos of what I did do.

As a new guy to this forum though, it only gives me some more motivation for next year, when Ill be a better turner. I'm looking forward to the winners as I'm sure they will be amazing.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

jttheclockman

This is another bump for this announcement. I hope that all are working on that special entry into the many catagories of contests here. There is something for everyone. New or old timer, the Bash is an event that is geared for us all. Not only do I hope you all enter but I also and this is important that as the contests come to a close and the entries are put up for all to vote that we do just that. If you are not going to enter than at least help support those that did and show them we do care what they did and it also gives a pat on the back to those running the contests. There are alot and I mean alot of new members here and I expect you to jump in and vote for the best in your opinion. You took the time to find us and now we ask for your support. Does not hurt at all to push a few keys. No one will know how you voted.

I chose to enter a few contests this year and I hope to finish as many as I can before the deadlines. So see you all in the contests and thanks for the support.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We (Jeff) are setting up a Contest Voting Forum to keep all the voting in one place. The link will be on the front page shortly.

jttheclockman

Once again this post is just a reminder there are a few contests that have now been put to the vote of the membership. Please check them out and please vote. It is important that we show support for the contestants and also for the committee members for taking the time to help run these contests. One way to do this is to take a few seconds and check out the contests and vote. Your vote is very important. Can not say this enough.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Tony, the link is in the contest list in the box with all the other contests. It may not have closed yet so there are no pictures for voting.

I just tried ordering a mug, and my order wont go through. Does that mean the mugs are all sold out?

Where in the world have you been???:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I know...... my own fault..... After looking at all those awesome prizes, I decided I should enter. I don't drink coffee, I prefer mt dew and coke from a can, Budweiser from the bottle, milk straight outta the jug ( when Linda's not watching of course!), so I don't even really need a mug. Sadly though, I cant even make a donation to IAP on that link, even though a couple hours prior to trying, my wife snuck in and was able to order herself a mug!

jttheclockman

Well this is hard to believe. The month of Feb is over. All the contests have come to an end. Many winners and many hopefuls for next year. Many prizes were awarded to those that placed. But there were no losers. Anyone that entered did so with the respect of the membership. We once again came together as a community to help celebrate an important event. We had many gracious vendors step forward and contribute fantastic prizes. There were events for everyone and every skill level. There was lots of clean fun, some took more heat than others but it was all in good humor.

We thank all the committee personnel. We thank all the contestants. We thank all the vendors. We thank all the members that took the time to vote and leave words of encouragement and thanks.

The behind the scenes prep work does not go unnoticed. It shines through as each and every event runs its course.

And finally I would like to take this time to thank Jeff for allowing us to once again show off why we are the best forum on the net. Hopefully some funds were collected to help keep this site going for another full year.

So without further ado I and all of us will make it a point to do this all again next year, same time. All those who did not place start working on next years projects and for those that did not join in this year, do so next year. It is fun. Been a real joy to witness the talent that lurks here. LET'S DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!!:beer:

stock-footage-looping-emoticon-animation-bye.jpg

Top Bottom