Welcome Rick Herrell!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
It seems funny to say "welcome" to Rick. He's been here for 100 years supplying us with some outstanding tools and gadgets. I have one of his sanding jigs, a tool rest, and a few other bits.

"Welcome" is for his arrival to our Vendor Forums. Rick previously had a post in our catalog forum, but with that forum closing, we've moved him over here. With his own corner of IAP, Rick will be able to provide lots more information and discussion for us.

In my 34 years dealing with flight and research hardware at NASA, I have developed a pretty keen eye for high quality machined parts. Rick's work is outstanding, period.

So, take it away, Rick!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

He's also graced the growing number of people whom pen state has stolen work from and mass produced it in China.

Ed, I wonder whether Rick and others who conceptualize and create these tools for our community should aquire or at least initiate the process of a patent application? Rick designs and sells these items at a cost so low. I think he does because he enjoys doing it for our community. I've also see some of the tools John Goodin came up with end up in a catalog. That's probably a topic of its own. Regards, Doc

rherrell

Thanks for the "welcome" everyone! Like Jeff said, I've been around a while so it feels kind of weird.:biggrin:

Thanks also for the kind words about my products, I do my very best to make a good product so I REALLY appreciate it.

As far as the patent thing goes, it's just way too expensive for me. If someone wants to copy my idea, let them. I GUARANTEE you they can't make them in China and maintain the quality. All my products are made by hand with a lot of care and as someone once said, "Quality is Job One". Besides, the only people I care to sell to are the members of IAP.
I'm a big believer in karma so if they want to steal my ideas, they'll get theirs...some day!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks again everyone, I'm open for business!

Last edited:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Any day I am in the shop I use at least one, most times more, of Rick's tools. They are the best!

KenB259

Everything I have gotten from Rick is of the highest quality. I just got a new tool rest this week in fact.

duncsuss

Thanks Rick Herrell! Can we see/purchase your products somewhere?

thanks,
chris

Rick puts his "standard" products in the first thread in his sub-forum - LINK - but if you have an idea for something he hasn't already done, just let him know in a post or start a private conversation with him.

He's made things for me that were variations on previous stuff - or just ideas I had which we talked through and he machined.

Top Bottom