"Custom Made" penturning tools/accessories - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Vendor Forums > Rick's Custom Tools
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Rick's Custom Tools Rick Herrell's custom turning tools

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2017, 04:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Rick,
Thanks for the terrific job on the tool rests you made for my lathe. They are a work of art, it seems almost a shame to use them, but I will :-) Turn around time was extremely fast and I really appreciate that.

Thanks again,
Larry
olsenla is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-19-2017, 07:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I have a question about your flat top tool rests. Are they a specific length, or do we select a length? I didn't see that info on that section.

Thanks,

Dennis
luvtofish is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-21-2017, 04:43 AM   #23 (permalink)

Photos: 81

You're welcome Larry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsenla View Post
Rick,
Thanks for the terrific job on the tool rests you made for my lathe. They are a work of art, it seems almost a shame to use them, but I will :-) Turn around time was extremely fast and I really appreciate that.

Thanks again,
Larry

I'm not suggesting anyone remove all the stupid people, I'm suggesting we remove all of the warning labels and let the situation resolve itself.
rherrell is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2017, 04:45 AM   #24 (permalink)

They're all custom made Dennis so order any length you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtofish View Post
I have a question about your flat top tool rests. Are they a specific length, or do we select a length? I didn't see that info on that section.

Thanks,

Dennis

I'm not suggesting anyone remove all the stupid people, I'm suggesting we remove all of the warning labels and let the situation resolve itself.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

Hi Rick, I saw your tools for the first time today and have to have one of the Offset Lathe Sanding Jigs. I sent you a nice long PM and would like to get this in the works and heading my way soon. This stuff looks like some real quality work and you have a great reputation floating around on here and FaceBook. I hope to be able to add some nice comments to that reputation real soon.

One thing I just thought of and didn't include in my PM is, my lathe has an outboard turning spot that was originally used to make bowls. It has a threaded end and I still have the tool rest and stuff that the original owner put on it. I haven't gotten good enough yet to have had to need it all. I wonder if there is some way to adapt your sanding jig to be mounted on this side of the lathe and left there to be used when needed. I will try and take a pic of what I have and hopefully we can discuss it later.
LoneOak is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-18-2017, 06:41 AM   #26 (permalink)

THANKS Danny,
I sent an email to the address you provided.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:32 AM   #27 (permalink)

Photos: 5

PM sent.

Tim
PSU1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-19-2017, 10:17 AM   #28 (permalink)

Hello Rick - I would like to order one of your DEDICATED DI holders. I have a Jet 1642 and the measurement from the top of the banjo to the center line on the head stock is just under 6 inches.

I will be using Paypal so please let me know the total charges.

Thanks - Dave
David Gill is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-19-2017, 10:48 AM   #29 (permalink)

THANKS Dave...PM sent.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #30 (permalink)

Just wanted to let everyone who visits here know that Rick and I have exchanged several emails in the last few days and he is building me a custom post that will fit in the banjo on the outboard turning side of my lathe. He already has sent me his sanding jig and it took a couple times for me to get him the correct measurements for the post. I first just sent him what I thought were the correct measurements but he made a nice little drawing and I had to modify my thinking to fit his design. We got it all right this morning.

I intend to put this setup on the outboard side of my lathe and leave it there until I get good enough to start making some big bowls when I might need that side for that. I am really tired of messing up nice blanks, I screwed up two Amboyna blanks last week -- good thing they were short. After I get this all set up it should save me a bunch of time because changing setups is one thing that eats up a lot of my turning time. I intend to use it to square blanks before turning and I see no reason why I couldn't slide the blank back on it after turning to clean it up and get rid of the excess CA.

Hopefully I will be able to post a couple pics when its all working. Most importantly I want to thank Rick for taking the time to work with me on this, I'm anxious to get it running!
LoneOak is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads