"Custom Made" penturning tools/accessories

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

allmaclean

Hi Rick

Looking to upgrade my lathe which will take me from my current 5/8" post to a 1". Would I still be able to use the tool rests I have from you if I just got a new post?

Thanks,

Allan

rherrell

No problem Allan, I normally use bigger threads on the 1" posts but I can make one that will fit your existing rests.

Looking forward to helping you, THANKS for the inquiry.

Noot17

Wanted to say thanks for the offset sanding jig! It is so much nicer than the barrel trimmer I was using, and now I don't have to buy all the adapters for that either.

Great accessory!

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Talltim

My off set sanding jig arrived. We gave it a try this evening. Only have one question. Why didn't I get this ages ago? We accomplished the job in about an eighth of the time it took us before.

Thanks.

Talltim

Talltim

Mine arrives Monday. Got any pics of how you set up your sandpaper?

My set up looks just about like Mr. Herrell's does in the picture he shows. I attached about a six in board to our face plate and turned it round. Sprayed some 3m contact glue on the board and a sanding disk let the dry a bit, pressed the sandpaper on and presto. The whole setup took about 15 minutes and we were in business.

Talltim

So a standard 2x6 from the big box store? That's what I was thinking.

I used the 6 in diablo brand sanding disc from Home Depot simply because that is what I had on hand. I am sure any good quality paper glued on and cut to fit would work. I have found with sand paper it better to pay a little more for better quality.

rherrell

I used a piece of that 3/4" shelving material that has the white Formica on it, that way I can use the self-adhesive sandpaper discs. They're a little more money but you won't need to buy spray adhesive so it's a wash.

rherrell

My off set sanding jig arrived. We gave it a try this evening. Only have one question. Why didn't I get this ages ago? We accomplished the job in about an eighth of the time it took us before.

Thanks.

Talltim

I get that a lot Tim:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Camardelle

My off set sanding jig got here today. Won't be able to give it a run for a couple days. I will say that this is one gorgeous piece of kit. It may be the best looking tool I own. LOL I almost hate to get it dusty...but I will, and soon. Thanks Rick!!

Camardelle

Got a chance to try my sanding jig today. All I can say is wow! This this is awesome and works flawlessly. If you're on the fence about this, jump off the fence and buy with confidence. Great addition to my shop for sure!!

jkeith

man you don't know what your missing until you get a quality tool rest. Tools glide across these things like butter on ice. So glad I got some. Now I just need a few more at different lengths. Oh yeah he made my custom ones and had them shipped within a few hours. Thanks Rick!

Darley

G'day, Rick would it be possible to order 2 pinchuck to fit the Slimline pen tube ( 7mm ) with 2 extras pins , you know what I mean :biggrin:
Please Pm total including shipping to Autralia and willpay you ASAP

Thanks mate

BeeAMaker

G'day, Rick would it be possible to order 2 pinchuck to fit the Slimline pen tube ( 7mm ) with 2 extras pins , you know what I mean :biggrin:
Please Pm total including shipping to Autralia and willpay you ASAP

Thanks mate

Just got some pin chucks from him, perfect fit!

DennisD

Hello Rick, my tool rests arrived the other day and they are great-love the look of them. I have a few more items I need. (1) 1" post 8" total height, (1) ⅞ flat top rest 7" long, (2) 1" stop collars, (1) DI post 1" (Banjo to Centerline is 4 ½ ")

aussieturner

hi rick ,
can I please get a offset lathe sanding jig and
a couple of pin chucks 1 for 7 mm tube and the other for 8 mm tube please and also a couple of extra pins as they could get lost in shavings
shipped to Australia please
cheers troy

jxdubbs

Rich I was interested in a couple things do you have a website or anything like that? Or do you strictly sell on this forum?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom