SE Mind Bender Contest #1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Mind Bender Contest #1 is now open.

The objective is to identify the IAP member who made the pens in the photo below. Please read and follow these rules:

1. Send an email message with your guess to iap.puzzles@gmail.com
2. Put "Mind Bender #1" or something to that effect in the subject so I will know which contest you are entering.
3. Include the IAP username of the person whom you think made these pens in the message area. You can add whatever additional text or information you like, but as a minimum, you must include his or her IAP username in the message.
4. You may only submit one email for this contest and only one guess in the message.
5. You must follow all standard SE Contest guidelines and your IAP profile must include your first & last name.

This contest will remain open for at least 48 hours starting from the time of this post.

All correct entries will earn 1 point toward the overall contest total points. One of those correct entries will be drawn for an individual puzzle prize.

A note to the person who made these pens: you may enter this contest and you will earn one point toward the overall contest total if you submit a correct answer; however, your name will not go into the drawing for this individual prize.

Banter is encouraged, but please do not post any real hints.

Have fun - let me know if you have any questions.

Edgar

Attachments

• MindBender1.jpg
    MindBender1.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 371
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
24 Hours to go

You still have about 24 hours to enter Mind Bender Contest #1.

If you can't figure out the right answer, just randomly pick an IAP member's user name. Your odds of getting it right are 1 out of 22,784 -- much better than any lottery ticket.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
A few more hours to go

I'm going to leave Mind Bender #1 open for a few more hours, so you still have a little time to get your entries in. It will close sometime this evening.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Mind Bender #1 Is Closed

Mind Bender Contest #1 is Now Closed. No further entries for MB1 will be accepted.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Mind Bender #1 Results

We had 12 entries in the Mind Bender #1 Contest.

8 of those entries had the correct answer which was...

Monty (aka Mannie Steglich)

Mannie posted that group of pens in this post on 5 Sep 2012:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/family-gaters-101250/

The 8 people who submitted a correct entry will each receive 1 point toward the overall contest total.

I'm going to award the prizes a little differently this time. The top 3 point totals will each win one of the main prizes at the end of this contest. Once those awards are determined, I will go back to the individual contests and draw a name from those who submitted a correct entry in each contest. I will then announce all prize winners - for both the main prizes and the individual consolation prizes - at the same time.

There will be a maximum of one prize per person for this contest, so if you win one of the main prizes, your name will not go into the draws for the individual consolation prizes. Similarly, once someone's name is drawn for one of the individual consolation prizes, that name will not be in the draw for the next one.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for playing.
Edgar

Top Bottom