Youth Contest 2016

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Welcome back to the Youth Pen Making Contest just for the younger turners of the IAP.

This contest is to let our youngest members and turners, as well as our adult members children compete in the Summer Extravaganza.

This contest is for those under the age of 18.

The contest rules are as follows.

1-Ball Point Pens AND roller balls are allowed. NO Fountain pens will be accepted.

2-No laser work or CNC produced pens or parts are allowed.

3-It must be made from a commercially available kit. There will be no modifications to the kits allowed.

4-Adults may assist in the turning of the pen but the entrants must have "hands on" in the making of the pen. You are the best judge of your childs abilities to use power tools. Keep it safe!

5-A short description of the pen and the actual work done by the child needs to be submitted with the pen.

6-The pen may not have been posted anywhere before the August 22nd Deadline.

7-Up to three pictures of the pen may be submitted.

8-The contest will start on August 1st and entries will be due no later than August 22nd at Midnight. Pictures will be posted and a poll or polls will be taken to determine the winning 3 pens. Depending on the amount of submissions, we may need to have more than 1 poll to select the winning pens.

Submissions:

9-All entries are due 11:59pm EST. August 22nd.
You must email contest entries to EBORRAGA@GMAIL.COM
YOU MUST SUBMIT THE PEN UNDER YOUR PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS/ADULT USER NAME.

10-If you"re old enough to be a member you may use your own member name.

11-All entries will be posted at the same time following the contests deadline. This will give all entries the same time "in the spotlight".

Rules are subject to change for clarification or safety.

Please take the time to teach your child the safety rules for working with the tools we use. Have fun and show us your Beautiful pens!

We are working on prizes at this time. Once we establish the prizes I will post them.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO DONATED.

Prizes
First Place - An Abalone pen blank from member brownsfan2
Second Place - A BOB from member wood128
Third Place - A BOB from member SteveJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Box
Of
Blanks

Most likely some special blanks. Could be wood, could be a mixture.
A BOB is just a great gift to the beginner as there usually is something in the box the winner hasn't tried yet.

Good luck with his entry

EBorraga

In Memoriam
BOB is what Wayne said, A Box Of Blanks. Hopefully this doesn't deter your son from entering.

twinsen

He did a pen. And my daughter decided to do one too. So i submitted one for each.

bobleibo

Ok kids, it's summer and you are out of school, so no excuses...other than sleeping late, playing video games, eating pizza, playing video games, texting, sleeping late, texting, chasing girls, chasing boys, taking naps, playing video games, texting, eating more pizza, chasing more boys and girls, more video games...ok, ok, we get it.
YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO TURN A PEN!

edicehouse

Ernie, I have studied the rules for this contest, and it does not state people have to let the kids know if they won, so I have a plan. . .

I am going to rent a van and write "Free Candy" and "Really awesome puppies" on the side, and take those kids to the shop... No wait, that is not the best idea. . .

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Hey Guys, the deadline is August 22nd. I'll be out of town until late on the 23rd. I'll post the entries on August 24th.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
I've received a few more entries. Spend Sunday making a pen!! I'll be on the road tomorrow headed home, so I may not respond to emails until Monday

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Guys, my email crashed this morning. I backed up most entries but think i'm missing one. If you could shoot me a PM just to make sure I have your entry. Sorry for the delay, but I want to make sure I have all entries.

Top Bottom