Pen Box Winner!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

And now, after a hard fought duel of who can claim to have the best box submitted to the 2016 Summer Extravaganza Pen Box Competition, the winner, by

unanimous vote

The winner of a generous $50 gift certificate from Robutacion - famous for his Bits of Timber from Down Under - is this summer's beat em' with a box champion -
Peter Cribari - AKA - wood-of-1kind
Due to the UNANIMOUS NATURE OF HIS WIN we are also awarding him the second place prize - a generous $25 certificate to Exotic Blanks from member TonyL.

Peter's work received all 100 votes cast. 77 votes for his first entry and 23 votes for his second entry. Good thing we didn't allow three entries or he would have walked away with a clean sweep.

Congratulations Peter!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I had a little idea that this maybe the case that the same person made both. First I need to say congratulations Peter. Your work stands out and it is some fine woodworking and you bring the skills to pull it off. Give him all 3 prizes.

Now for my rant I am more disappointed now to find out it was only one person who took the time to enter this contest. Folks it is not about the prizes here. We as members have fought hard to get some of these contests here. It takes time to organize them. This contest along with the pen stand competion is something that is above and beyond turning a small piece of wood and yet it enhance that small piece of wood to the degree it helps promote what we do.

I realize this is a project that takes more time to do than turning a simple pen but it has the ability to show off your skills and imagination. There are so many talented people here that do more than turn pens. I have read the stories over time. I hope we do not lose this competition or the pen stand one either. I do hope when the Bash even comes around in Feb. that more people will take part. There is plenty of time to get the wheels turning. I know I have mine and with good health I plan on being there. I hope I am competing against others.

Sorry for the rant Peter and once again thanks for your work. It was a pleasure looking at it. Job well done.

Rolandranch

Congrats! It took me forever to decide which one to vote for. I had no idea they were both made by the same person! They both look fantastic!

Seth Roland

magpens

Congratulations, Peter !!!!!

But ..... what about this ....

5- You may submit up to 2 pen boxes in this contest. Each box must be submitted on a separate entry form available here. Although you may submit 2 boxes, you can only win one prize.

.... oh well, I think you deserve both prizes .... they are such beautiful boxes :)

Last edited:

wood-of-1kind

Thank you all for the encouraging words. I greatly enjoy applying myself to come up with unique box designs and showing them here at IAP. Once again, I am looking forward to entering something different with the next contest coming up during our 13th Birtday Bash which is going to be a "lucky" one.

Top Bottom