2016 SE Pen Box Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

Welcome to the 2016 Summer Extravaganza Pen Box Making Contest.

This contest is open to everyone. You are encouraged to think outside the box when designing your Pen Box.

In addition to the Universal Bash Guidelines, the contest rules are as follows:

1- The box should be made to hold one pen.

2- Any materials and methods may be used in the construction of the box and should be readily available to anyone. Since CNCs and lasers are not common in most shops, use of these will not be allowed.

3 - A short description of the box and the steps in creating the box must be submitted with no more than 4 pictures of the box. One picture must show a commercial style stick pen or a "free bee" advertising pen in the box. This is so no one will recognize one of "your" pens.

4-The Pen Box may not have been posted anywhere before the August 23rd deadline.

5- You may submit up to 2 pen boxes in this contest. Each box must be submitted on a separate entry form available here. Although you may submit 2 boxes, you can only win one prize.

6-The contest will start on August 1 and entries will be due no later than Tuesday the 23rd at 11:59pm Mountain Time.

7. Email your entry to 2016SEPenBoxContest@gmail.com A separate email must be used for each entry.
Pictures will be posted and a poll or polls will be taken to determine the winning 3 pen boxes. Voting will last for 72 hours after posting the poll. Depending on the number of submissions, we may need to have more than 1 poll to select the winning Pen Box.

8- All entries will be posted at the same time following the contests deadline. This will give all entries the same time "in the spotlight".

Prizes
First Place - A $50-gift certificate from robutacion
Second Place - A $25 gift certificate to Exotic Blanks from member TonyL
Third Place - A BOB from member Southern Clay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I will put this out there now. Those that intend to enter this contest do it now and do not wait till Feb bash. If you want a shot at first place:):) You have been warned. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

CREID

I will put this out there now. Those that intend to enter this contest do it now and do not wait till Feb bash. If you want a shot at first place:):) You have been warned. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I think a shot has been fired over a bunch of bows. :biggrin:

jttheclockman

I think a shot has been fired over a bunch of bows. :biggrin:

The cannons were loaded and then fired.:) Not sure if it hit anything. Will be sending out a search party :biggrin::biggrin:

SteveG

I took the first competition...the NEXT winning design already resides in my head, and gets better every week as my mind returns to it for refinement. :biggrin:

John T. Perhaps you will consider second place? (A worthy and achievable goal.:wink:)

jttheclockman

I took the first competition...the NEXT winning design already resides in my head, and gets better every week as my mind returns to it for refinement. :biggrin:

John T. Perhaps you will consider second place? (A worthy and achievable goal.:wink:)

Steve, my problem is the 2 ideas I have visualized are both first place worthy so I may have to look for someone to put their name on one of these just so that they both are entered. Maybe I can get you to do this for me so that you will still feel good. :wink: I wish you well in this competition so it maybe you I am going to take the crown from. By the way I am going to have to go back and check what that winning design was that won you the title. The mind is a little fuzzy. :eek::eek::eek:

Seriously good luck to all the competitors and lets see what you got. One of those competitions that pushes the talent level to another level. :):)

SteveG

Guys, out of consideration for the purpose of this thread...that of organizing the SE Pen Box Contest, I suggest that any further posting WRT the next Bash Pen Box Competition be initiated in a separate thread. That would be an appropriate venue to set forth any hilariously amusing assertions by someone so self-deluded that they believe their feeble submission would stand a chance when up against my entry. If so inclined, I will see you there!:biggrin:

Now, for this Summer Extravaganza. What an opportunity to get you feet wet, if you have yet to compete in the pen box building. What a great way to hone design and building skills, whether you have competed before or not. I am not in this round due to other commitments demanding most of my energy and time.
I look forward to see the choices and vote in this summer time event!:bananen_smilies051:

jttheclockman

I agree with Steve. It was not my intention to distract but to enhance the desire to enter this contest. Bring attention to it in a lighthearted way. I do hope there are plenty of entries into this summer contest for I look forward to seeing these creations. I still believe this along with the pen stand competition raises the awareness as to what we exactly do here. We create things and hand crafted items. A pen is a handcrafted item. It needs a nice place to be displayed and to sit and reside as it rests.

So lets see what the creative minds have to offer. I do hope to join in the fun in the winter and at that time I will carry on this conversation further. Just getting back into my shop and it feels good.

Good luck to all. :)

SteveJ

I've got no problem discussing the losing entries to next year's bash contest on this thread. Winning is winning. The best prize of all is the ability to gloat about winning. You can try to do that now or you can wait and hope you place in February. OR... you COULD enter both now and later!

jttheclockman

It would be a shame if somebody made a pen for the Pretty Wood Pen Contest and didn't make a pen box in which to keep it.

Cheap advertising but you are correct. Use the same wood as the pen in some manner. Segmenting is always a hit. Or highlighting the wood in some manner. Looking forward to once again see this new contest just getting better and better each and every time. These are the times to shine. :)

Top Bottom