Ball Point Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES​

2016 SUMMER EXTRAVAGANZA
BALL POINT PEN CONTEST​

In addition to the Universal Bash Guidelines found here, ________

RULES:

- Ballpoint pens kits only. PLEASE NOTE: NO SLIMLINES There's a separate contest for those.
- All work, must be completed 100% by the entrant
- No alterations to the actual kit itself
- No laser-cut or CNC blank alterations allowed.
- Only one pen per person may be entered
- Entries are limited to (2) photos. Use your best skills to photograph your pen that will allow it to be viewed most favorably by the voters and enable them to determine the entry that does best job with fit, finish and wow factor.
- Voting will be conducted by all members of the IAP community in 2 rounds.
Round #1 will be to reduce the field to the top 10 entries.
Round #2 will be to choose the top 3 winners.
- All entries must include the following information:
..name of the kit used
..a brief description of the pen, materials and process used.
..maximum of 2 photos. NOTE: Photos are LIMITED to 900 x 900 dpi.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRIES HERE

Submit your entry to IAPBALLPOINTPEN@YAHOO.COM

Be sure to include your IAP user name as well as your real name.

NOTE: Please do not forget to include a brief description of the pen blank and/or process you used to create your pen when submitting your entry...thank you

- The contest opens on Aug 1st and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Aug 15th. Entries received after the cutoff will not be accepted. Please don't wait until the last minute.
- Round 1 voting will open on Aug 16th and close on Aug 19th
The top ten entries will move onto round two of voting where the top 3 entries will be declared the winners
- Round 2 voting will open on Aug 20th and close on Aug 22nd

PRIZES GALORE

First Place - Resin Blanks from member mrburls
Second Place- An Abalone blank from member brownsfan2
Third Place - A BOB from member Edward Cypher

Special note: Don't get excited! This BOB from Ed is a Box Of Blanks. Someone actually thought they get me.....ha! You wish!

WHEN ORDERING YOUR SUPPLIES, PLEASE REMEMBER OUR VERY GENEROUS VENDORS WHO HAVE DONATED TO ALL OF THE BASH AND SUMMER EXTRAVAGANZA CONTESTS

VERY IMPORTANT

ONLY pens that have NEVER been posted on this or any other site are eligible. Please DO NOT post your entry at any time until the end of the contest. This is to keep the identity of the creator hidden until after the voting has been completed for the BASH. The contest organizer will post all entries in the order received.

To participate in this or any other IAP activity your public profile must contain your real first and last name. Please know that information contained in the public profile is not viewable by non-members of the IAP. Members who have failed to successfully complete any previous IAP activities, and who have been notified by the Activities Manager of such, are not eligible to participate in any IAP activities.

Any violations of these rules will disqualify the entry.

If you have ANY questions about the rules or your entry please feel free to send me a PM.

Good luck to everyone, let the fun begin !
Cheers
Bob

Prizes.
First Place - Resin Blanks from member mrburls
Second Place- An Abalone blank from member brownsfan2
Third Place - A BOB from member Edward Cypher

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

It's cuz' they're kinda busy~

Attachments

• turners.jpg
    turners.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 224

magpens

Hey Bob ...

Please explain to me the reason for including this statement in the rules above:

"- No laser-cut or CNC blank alterations allowed."

Are purchased (from Kallenshaan, Lazerlinez, or wherever) laser-cut and CNC blanks actually allowed in this contest as long as they are not altered? . If they are, I am surprised, because then there isn't much scope for originality in making the pen.

bobleibo

Hey Bob ...

Please explain to me the reason for including this statement in the rules above:

"- No laser-cut or CNC blank alterations allowed."

Are purchased (from Kallenshaan, Lazerlinez, or wherever) laser-cut and CNC blanks actually allowed in this contest as long as they are not altered? . If they are, I am surprised, because then there isn't much scope for originality in making the pen.

To help level the playing field for everyone.... "All work, must be completed 100% by the entrant"

Top Bottom