Slimline Unlimited Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

The 2016 Summer Extravaganza Slimline Contest is shaking things up. We're going to do something new and something old school and maybe even something British or possibly Welsh.

A rose by any other name........

For this years Slimline Unlimited Contest, you going to have take a slimline kit and make it look like another kit. At minimum you need to use the 7mm transmission.

Just like in the old days.......

Once your pen is completed you will post up to four pictures right here in this thread. There will be no anonymity.

I may need Skiprat to explain this next part.......

After your pen is posted you are encouraged to "take the mickey out of each other".

Pens need to be completed by such and such day in the summertime when it's hot out. (EDIT: It has been determined that such and such day in the summertime when it's hot out will now be Aug. 15. We will now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.)

Winner will be selected by IAP membership vote.

Prizes for the Slimline Unlimited are
First place -10 cigar kits from "Mr burls"
Second place -A $25.00 Gift certificate from an Anonymous donor
Third place- A BOB from "sprung"

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

This looks like a fun contest, but there doesn't appear to be anybody but Derek to take the mickey out of at the moment. I guess that's OK....I'm suprised there haven't been a lot more posts here yet......

Ed

bobleibo

The 2016 Summer Extravaganza Slimline Contest is shaking things up. We're going to do something new and something old school and maybe even something British or possibly Welsh.

A rose by any other name........

For this years Slimline Unlimited Contest, you going to have take a slimline kit and make it look like another kit. At minimum you need to use the 7mm transmission.
(SEE BELOW)

Just like in the old days.......

Once your pen is completed you will post up to four pictures right here in this thread. There will be no anonymity.

I may need Skiprat to explain this next part.......

After your pen is posted you are encouraged to "take the mickey out of each other".

Pens need to be completed by such and such day in the summertime when it's hot out. (EDIT: It has been determined that such and such day in the summertime when it's hot out will now be Aug. 15. We will now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.)

Winner will be selected by IAP membership vote.

Prizes for the Slimline Unlimited are
First place -10 cigar kits from "Mr burls"
Second place -A $25.00 Gift certificate from an Anonymous donor
Third place- A BOB from "sprung"

Derek
I think this is an awesome idea! The contestants can make their pen look like a
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f338/ball-point-pen-contest-142116/ entry . !! Since they are going through all that trouble, they might as well just enter the http://www.penturners.org/forum/f338/ball-point-pen-contest-142116/
Boy, you sure come up with some great ideas...who da' thunk it? .

D.Oliver

Can we use parts from other kits to make them look like another kit?

That is a great question. I had to think on it. Initially I was going to allow it, but then I worried that people would simply use another kit entirely and modify the transmission. So I'm going to say no to using parts from other pen kits. I'm going ask that you try your best to make the parts.

rholiday

Long Clicker -- twist version.

Slimline parts used -- transmission, tubes, refill.
Woods used -- Bees Wing Nara for the body, maple for the nib, clip, and 'clicker' finial.

Attachments

• DSC_0016-web.jpg
    DSC_0016-web.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC_0019-web.jpg
    DSC_0019-web.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 207

Cwalker935

Does anyone else feel like they are in some weird remake of the twilight zone with Derek Oliver as the host? No constant promoting of his contests, enigmatic contest rules, and taking the Mickey out of people? I might be totally at sea but after carefully reading this thread and considering other extraneous factors, I have come to the following conclusions:

-Derek is taking the Mickey out of all of us by acting out of character or he is seriously ill and I don't mean twisted sick
-this contest began on August 3 when the contest chairman posted "Well go ahead and get us started."
-the rules for this contest state "Pens need to be completed by such and such day in the summertime when it's hot out. (EDIT: It has been determined that such and such day in the summertime when it's hot out will now be Aug. 15. We will now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.)" hence this contest is closed
- the rules also state "Once your pen is completed you will post up to four pictures right here in this thread. There will be no anonymity."
-Only two pens have been posted so far and it is now August 16
-Ergo Bob and I are winners!
- All that is left to do is to decide which pen is #1 and which pen is #2 and send Bob and I our prizes.

D.Oliver

-Only two pens have been posted so far and it is now August 16
-Ergo Bob and I are winners!
- All that is left to do is to decide which pen is #1 and which pen is #2 and send Bob and I our prizes.

What do you think? Should we vote or should I just flip a coin?:biggrin:

firewhatfire

I can honestly say that I cannot decide which of those 2 I like the most. Both intrigue me enough to make my own versions of each to have a couple of more unique pens I will keep for my own little collection.

Dale Lynch

Well here you are,Spend all that time and energy learnen how not to make kit pens.Now your back to to making knock-off kits.

Top Bottom