Need pen box for Jr Aaron and Jr Morgan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jontello

Jontello

I am looking for a wooden box that will fit the Jr. Aaron or Jr Morgan. I am looking for recommendations. I am looking into getting the top engraved as well so keep that in Mind. Thanks in advance!

Jon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stuckinohio

The maple pen box from PSI and others (exotic has them too) will fit that pen. It's about $8 and looks pretty decent. I like them and have used several. Exotic Blanks :: Pen Boxes & Displays :: Multi Purpose Pen Gift Box - Maple

Exotic appears to be out of them though. It's the best low priced one I've found. Has two inserts so you can remove the two pen onew and use only the one pen insert for extra depth.

I also like the glass windowed case that is around $13, but of course you can't engrave jt.

stuckinohio

Here's a few pics.

The first and the third pics are of the maple box. First one with both inserts in, third one with only one insert in and you can see it comfortably fits a Raven.

The middle pic is of the glass case, albeit a terrible picture. They are very nice also.

Attachments

• DSCN2110.jpg
    DSCN2110.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 20160430_010404.jpg
    20160430_010404.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 20160430_122947.jpg
    20160430_122947.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 228

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Boxes are a problem--one day we have 100, next day we are out.

We are always reordering, so check back--we like that box, too.

Thanks for the pics!!!

Ed

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
No, they were discontinued by PSI. I am guessing that the black showed any slight knick, so they were getting returns.

When you think of all the shipping that these undergo, it would require bubble wrap, individual packaging to really assure their safe and "unmarred" delivery. That would add to the cost of the box---the more I learn about this business, the more interesting the problems become!!

stuckinohio

No, they were discontinued by PSI. I am guessing that the black showed any slight knick, so they were getting returns.

When you think of all the shipping that these undergo, it would require bubble wrap, individual packaging to really assure their safe and "unmarred" delivery. That would add to the cost of the box---the more I learn about this business, the more interesting the problems become!!

I figured since they weren't on your site anymore. My friend was looking for it. There's not a lot of options for nice display boxes with white lining, leaving me to have to do it.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

I figured since they weren't on your site anymore. My friend was looking for it. There's not a lot of options for nice display boxes with white lining, leaving me to have to do it.

Suggestion if you try to make your own: The "pain" is the hinges, so make a completely removable top and you will make the project MUCH easier (yes, I tried to make boxes---ended up buying pre-made)

LL Woodworks

Suggestion if you try to make your own: The "pain" is the hinges, so make a completely removable top and you will make the project MUCH easier (yes, I tried to make boxes---ended up buying pre-made)

This video shows how to make a simple pen box. You can dress it up how ever you want with burls, segments, multiple species, whatever. You can also adjust the depth and width of the groove as well as be selective in what grain you highlight. https://youtu.be/rL7Nzc2mLKs

Top Bottom