Making a display box from scratch

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodchipper

Woodchipper

I have all the wood to make a nice box but have a question. I have a router table with several bits. What would be the diameter bit that would accommodate several size pens as bolt action, Slimline, etc. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick95602

I have all the wood to make a nice box but have a question. I have a router table with several bits. What would be the diameter bit that would accommodate several size pens as bolt action, Slimline, etc. Thanks.
I'm going to guess that a Core Box Bit, 1/2" would be a good choice.

jttheclockman

Measure you largest pen and go a 1/8" over that with a core box bit. Plenty of room. Now if you want use different sizes for different pens. Slimline would swim in a Majestic slot. :)

bsshog40

I just converted a small block of maple into a pen stand over the wknd. I used my forstner bits, 3/8" & 1/2" and seem to work fine.

Attachments

• Pen stand2.jpg
    Pen stand2.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 321

Woodchipper

Thanks to all. Bsshog40, good idea. We have a couple of big flea markets close where that would be worthwhile. Plan on going there some this spring. Have lots of scrap wood that could be used for your display. I'm looking for something to carry with me to club meetings, etc. Going to build a bunch for the holidays and show some of my friends.

Top Bottom