Good quality pen box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JLL

JLL

Hi folks can anyone recommend a supplier for good quality pen boxes / and is there a supplier that could put a logo on to the box - in the UK ?

Thanks Jake

corgicoupe

The solution may be to design and build your own. Two pieces of wood, one with a groove. Then select some simple hinges. I should do the same, but I don't have a router so I'll have to be creative. Thanks for getting me think about that possibility.

eharri446

I was in HF the other day, and they had a small hand held 1/4 inch shaft router for under $30.00. That and a 1/2" Cove bit would get you what you need to make the grove in the top and bottom halves of the boxes.

Rockler and Woodcraft both offer micro dowel hinges for use in making boxes online. I believe that Rockler charges $12.99 for 10 and Woodcraft is $9.99 for ten.

The only other thing that you wood need is a good quality 5mm brad point bit to drill the holes and a way to ensure that they go into the wood vertically.

corgicoupe

I was thinking about making the groove in the bottom half only, and cutting out finger notches to pick up the pen. Two holes with forstner bit, and then connect them using a plow plane.

Top Bottom