Gems on Display box question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithncsu

keithncsu

For those of you who have purchased the single pen cardboard/paper box from Gems on Display in the past, I have a question. I just went to re-order and the part number I purchased in the past (BB82) shows no longer available. When I go through the menus and get to pen boxes, they only show one available now (80B-1). From the outside it appears to be the very same box. However, it looks to be different inside. Rather than having 2 elastic bands roughly an inch from either end, this one is showing a single band in the middle.

Has anyone tried this new style? Wondering how it works compared to the other. I keep going back and forth on if I like the single band or not. Most times I liked the pen being to one side so that I could put my business cards on the other side slightly under the nib.

https://www.gemsondisplay.com/single-pen-box-pd4666

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Silverado

Hi Keith

I ordered 500 of the single elastic box and really like them. I just put my business card under the pen in the bottom of the box.

Tim

Last edited:

Burb

Do they fit Sierra, Sierra Vista, Bolt Action, or Cigar pens? Looking for something like this that I could use for everything except my higher dollar RBs/FPs.

Also, has anyone added their logo? If so, did you like it or not? Thanks.

Last edited:

keithncsu

I've used them with Sierra, Cigar, and Bolt Action and had no issues. The Cigar does fit a little tight since it is the largest of the ones mentioned. I have not turned a Sierra Vista so can't speak to that one but I think it is smaller than a Cigar.

I've not done the logo but Dan Masshardt (not sure if that is spelled correctly) on here has. He did a review on his YouTube channel and they looked fine. Assuming you take into account it was less than $1 even with the logo.

longbeard

Those little elastic bands will leave an indentation in the acrylic blank if you leave the pen in the box for any length of time. Maybe after a week or so.
DAMHIKT :rolleyes:

Harry

More4dan

I had my logo printed on mine and was happy how it came out. Mine had the two bands.
43d8cde7a5c49a297b35c6080e40c5e2.jpg

Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Talltim

Danny,

Your logo looks good. Adds a professional touch. Have you had any problems with the elastic marking pens as long beard mentioned?

Talltim

More4dan

Danny,

Your logo looks good. Adds a professional touch. Have you had any problems with the elastic marking pens as long beard mentioned?

Talltim

I haven't noticed marking from the elastic, but I don't store them that way for any length of time.

The boxes are too long and the double band version make it almost impossible to center a pen in them. Looks like maybe they have addressed it with a centered band. The printing came out good and they were easy to work with. There was a discrepancy on their website. They can only print single color contrary to the picture on the site which also affects the minimum order amount. Overall I've been pleased especially for the price paid.

Danny

Burb

Those little elastic bands will leave an indentation in the acrylic blank if you leave the pen in the box for any length of time. Maybe after a week or so.
DAMHIKT :rolleyes:

Harry

Thats good to know. I currently have like 12 different types of boxes. I want to get to 2-3 different, based on pen value. The box in this thread seems to be a great option that wouldn't add any cost to the total cost of the pen, but that I could include with every pen. Currently I'm putting every "cheaper" pen in a felt bag, which are essentially the same cost as this box.

Bean_Counter

I have the single band one and I've been looking for them To be restocked so I can stock back up on them. Where are you seeing the single band as a restocked item? Your link shows our of stock. I think you'd be happy with the single band. I still put my card in it but a part of the pen covers it. I also do my logo and for the price it can't be beat.

keithncsu

I have the single band one and I've been looking for them To be restocked so I can stock back up on them. Where are you seeing the single band as a restocked item? Your link shows our of stock. I think you'd be happy with the single band. I still put my card in it but a part of the pen covers it. I also do my logo and for the price it can't be beat.

I actually didn't realize they were out of stock when I posted this. I emailed them and they said they had no ETA but thought the end of August.

Top Bottom