Floating shelf pen stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buddy Stacy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Burb

I really like that stand. Thats also the first time I've seen a stand that held the pen through a hole, and not just having the pen leaned up against something. I may try to borrow this concept and make a 2-3 layer stand......someday :)

campzeke

Cool pen stand. Good job! In the past I used large diameter knitting needles as stand offs on a pen stand. Just cut them to whatever length you want.

Attachments

• Stand_1.jpg
    Stand_1.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 209

Buddy Stacy

I really like that stand. Thats also the first time I've seen a stand that held the pen through a hole, and not just having the pen leaned up against something. I may try to borrow this concept and make a 2-3 layer stand......someday :)

Post pics if you do. I'd like to see it.

Buddy Stacy

Cool pen stand. Good job! In the past I used large diameter knitting needles as stand offs on a pen stand. Just cut them to whatever length you want.

I saw your stand in another post yesterday. Very nice and I love the knitting needle idea.

Buddy Stacy

Interesting idea Buddy but I would be concerned that a customer would grab one of the outer pens to look closer and dump everything onto the table.

I have thought of that. I'm looking at as the effect worked if that happens. I purposely made the uprights non-descript and uninteresting. They are made from poplar dowels, so not a lot of grain pattern and they are placed in the rear. I'm hoping this will help minimize this. Also, I think having the pens in actual holes rather than cutouts will help somewhat.

All-in-all, it was a risk I decided I was willing to take to have the stand I had envisioned.

Buddy Stacy

This is my version I did a year or so back. You can eliminate folks trying to pull the pens by using a different style to display.

I like the arched area being reversed. Thank you for sharing. Your's is now only the 2nd one (mine being the first) I have seen that uses faux pens as the upright supports.

Top Bottom