Bit for simple stands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dehn0045

Dehn0045

Swung by the local harbor freight, saw this set of stepless bits. A while back I looked for an inexpensive bit for making the simple pen stand. The OP used a sign making bit at 60 degrees, but all the bits I could find were too pricey for me for just goofing around. This HF set seems to do the trick, and the price is right.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Thanks for letting us know about this set of stepless bits !! . I did not know such existed. . Could be useful for lots of things.

Last edited:

budnder

FYI - I think it was a 15 degree sign making bit - somebody caught a typo in the initial description. I got this one (4-5 times the cost of your HF option) at Amazon ( Amazon Link ). I've used it for a Sierra and a Compson.

Charlie_W

Good tip on the bits!

After you drill your hole with whichever bit you choose, reverse the drill and burnish the drilled hole with the bit turning backwards. That might settle down some fresh cut fibers. I would also think that some sanding sealer in the hole and then burnished with the bit (when dry) should give a nice finished look to the hole. Shouldn't take much.

Top Bottom