Votes: 91 50.3%
  • Pen Stand 4

Votes: 49 27.1%
  • Pen Stand 5

Votes: 48 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firewhatfire

This is the voting poll for the Pen Stand Contest.

Please wait until all photos have been posted before voting

There are a total of 5 entries.

Voting will be done by popular vote and the voting poll will be open for 5 days. Pick your 2 favorites to vote for.

I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO LET YOU SELECT ONLY 2. PLEASE USE DISCRETION WHEN PICKING AND ONLY CHOOSE 2.

In the event of a tie a 1 day vote will be held to break the tie.

Thanks to all of those who have entered and those who attempted entries that did not make it to completion.

Remember to thank our generous benefactors for the prize donations.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

This is a simple, compact stand which uses the forces of gravity to hold itself vertical. Made of red and green accent strips sandwiched between two pieces of wenge.
PenStand1_zps5xi3lunk.jpg

PenStand2_zps57iwmrxq.jpg

PenStand3_zpsbpmleuiz.jpg

PenStand4_zpse68oagub.jpg

firewhatfire

Pen Stand 2

Wood pen stand made to hold a pen and a replacement refill if desired. Spindle work was involved in making the stem and the round base. The maple horizontal pen cradle was routed with a bullnose router bit to safely hold the pen. A simple design to convey understated elegance and not made to visually overpower the look of whatever pen is displayed.
P1010002_zpsheyxo3vo.jpg

P1010004_zps1esriioe.jpg

P1010003_zpszqatoltq.jpg

P1010001_zpsojavdkfy.jpg

jttheclockman

Have to say for a first time event those that stepped up to the plate did not disappoint. Some thinking outside the "box" Love to see this. I wish more people would apply this thought and make some stands for other pens throughout the year. Have that special pen, make a stand for it. I bet that pen sells faster too.

Great job by all. I am going to have to ponder this because my eye keeps being drawn to that Zebra wood cut on an angle. That would make some awesome boxes. Good luck to all and thanks for being the maiden explorers to a contest that I am sure will reach new heights every year and hopefully we see more of this during the year. :)

bobleibo

I think each one of these brings their own unique flavor from simple elegance with classic lines to abstract combinations. Picking just one will be very tough. I tried to imagine various styles of pens for each stand which made the decision even more difficult.
Very nice job by all~

Top Bottom