Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Entry 5

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • Entry 6

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brooks803

Here is where you can cast your vote for the 1 pen like the best. To recap here are the rules for all entries:

The rules were simple:
  1. Any Rollerball or Fountain pen kit is allowed
  2. You MUST eliminate a minimum of 1 component
  3. You MUST use a minimum of 2 components
  4. Brass tubes, refills, ink converters, & spring do NOT count as components within the scope of this contest.
  5. Only 1 entry per person. The person entering the pen must be the person that made it.
  6. Your entry must not be show publicly prior to the contest end.
There are no restrictions on tools or techniques. Everything is allowed as long as you are the one doing the work.

Before you vote please take a moment to consider all aspects of the pen.
1 - creativity
2 - techniques used to alter the pen
3 - looks, we all like a pretty pen!
Voters please take EVERYTHING into consideration before you vote. This is not just a pretty blank competition.

Only 1 vote per person. The results will be posted once the poll has ended.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Entry 1

The sacrificial kit for this pen was a new style Lazerlinez Eagle chosen for it's simple, clean centerband. The cap of the pen is made from Casein and the body is made from black alumlite giving a nice but still warm contrast. I turned each part in a closed end style making a double closed end style and when capped the only visible metal part is the centerband. It is a very comfortable and warm feeling pen.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 569
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 247

Brooks803

Entry 3

I modified the black titanium component set by replacing the cap button with a disc turned from a remnant of the blank. I also replaced the accent ring in the center band with an accent ring turned from the remnant of the blank. The PR blank is my own three-color pour of purple (blend of blue and red dye) with interference violet pearlescent pigment, white with reflex violet pearlescent pigment, and grey lavender pearlescent pigment.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 233
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 260

Brooks803

Entry 4

This pen is made from a natural edge piece of stabilized buckeye burl that was combined with a resin swirl to fill the natural voids in the wood. I started with a rhodium and gold Jr. Gent II and replaced the cap finial and gold centerband ring with pieces of the resin fill to take this beyond the already quality hardware into a custom pen. I rounded the blank to near finished diameter prior to cutting and drilling to be able to position the cut for optimum appearance of the finished pen. After finishing with 20 coats of thin CA, careful attention was paid to grain alignment for the final assembly. This is one of my favorite wood and color combinations and I like the way the centerband ring reflects the blue in the cap. I hope you like it as well.

Attachments

• DSC_0661xs.jpg
    DSC_0661xs.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC_0663xs.jpg
    DSC_0663xs.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 254

Brooks803

Entry 5

Twisted Cocobolo Cocobolo turned on a 3 point twisted axis.Double closed end fountain pen.Buffed with triploi and white diamond,ren.wax topcoat SPW Cabollero front section,thread adapter w/o trim ring.Centerband assembly turned flush to fit entirely in the brass tube.

Attachments

• twisted cocobolo.jpg
    twisted cocobolo.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 251
  • twisted cocobolo1.jpg
    twisted cocobolo1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 406

Brooks803

Entry 6

The Gambler's Pen - This is a Rollerball pen made from Dice. The basic kit is the Streamline American Rollerball from Berea. The body finial part was discarded and replaced by a black die and a brass stub to mount it to the end of the body tube. All dice except the finial die are free to spin around the body tube, and so the writer can fiddle with the dice while he/she is thinking of the next thing to write. The cap is made from an acrylic blank.

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 234
  • 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 259
Top Bottom