2016 Freestyle Casting Contest Final Vote

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Vote for your fvorite. One vote per member.

• Contestant #1

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Contestant #6

Votes: 46 40.4%
  • Contestant #8

Votes: 49 43.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Vic

Welcome to the "Freestyle Casting Contest Final Vote!"

Here are the TOP 3 Entrants. The final voting will start February 25th and end at 11:59 pm EST on February 28th. I'll announce the Winner on February 29th - "Leap Day'

Please vote for your favorite Entrant. Good Luck To All!

Contestant # 1

This is a Zen tube on casting in PR. The material is strips of celluloid, cut and glued onto the tube.

1(1).jpg
2(1).jpg
3.jpg

Contestant # 6

This blank is made for a Jr. Gent 2 kit. The lower tube was covered with real Pheasant Feathers then sealed and cast in resin. The Upper tube was lengthened so the entire Federal Duck Stamp would fit with the perforation showing all the way around. The standard tube would cut the ends off the stamp and I didn't care for that particular look. After painting the background black I then glued the stamp to the tube and cast in resin. I then turned the blanks to proper dimensions using the Jr. Gent 2 Bushings.

cast 1.JPG
jr2.JPG
jr3.JPG

Contestant # 8

This is a two sided seam ripper with the barrel painted. Buttons are then glued to the barrel, and when put in the mold, additional buttons are mixed with the resin.

20160109_085005.jpg
20160109_093145.jpg
20160109_105804.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Let's Vote!

I just know there are more than 57 folks on this forum. Let's take a look at these fine castings and the cast our votes!

TimS124

Impressive entries! Picking just one wasn't easy (though I did try resorting to a 3-sided coin but couldn't find one so I went back to the old fashioned method of staring at them all until I could finally pick a winner). :biggrin:

Attachments

• I voted.jpg
    I voted.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 150

Mr Vic

All done for voting. The results will be posted tomorrow!

Thanks to all who entered. Awesome castings!

And thanks to all who took the time to look and vote!

Top Bottom