OFFICIAL Freestyle Pen Contest Voting Thread!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Which Freestyle Pen Do You Like The Best?

• Entry 1

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Entry 2

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Entry 3

Votes: 40 48.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cmiles1985

It's official! The entries are all in, and now is your chance to say who is the most creative amongst us all!!!

This poll will allow you to vote for one entry, and the fabulous prizes will be doled out accordingly :wink:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

Entry 1

Tell us about your entry: A man down the road has given me access to all his machining equipment. I used 650 brass and then blued it for effect. this is the first of hopefully many to come

1_Use__1_.JPG

1_Use__2_.JPG

1_Use__3_.JPG

Last edited:

Cmiles1985

Entry 2

Tell us about your entry: The name of the pen is "Growing Hair". The blank to this pen was just made with acrylic paint and CA Glue. It was a very tedious process to get the finished product. I began with painting the tube a black acrylic. Then began to seal it with CA. I would apply about 6 layers of CA. I micro meshed it at this point to make sure the layer was smooth. Then I began to use a crosshatching painting technique where i applied paint to that layer. I then continued to repeat this process until the pen was completely built up. I wanted to have depth in it and thought this would be the best way to do so. There is probably a couple hundred layers in this pen and more time then i would like to admit.

1_IAP-3.JPG

1_IAP-4.JPG

1_IAP-5.JPG

Last edited:

Cmiles1985

Entry 3

Tell us about your entry: Title: Electronic Pen This pen makes use of the PSI Vertex Click pen kit parts with gun metal finish. The barrel is made from vintage electronic components dating from the 1970's back to the 1930's ... collected by me from my days of electronic experimentation. The main components of the barrel are 16 identical integrated circuits (the black rectangles with white identification markings). The other colorful components are various resistors, capacitors, diodes, inductors, light-emitting diodes (LEDs), and a push-button switch. The click mechanism of the pen operates, and the pen writes and is reasonably comfortable to hold. The circuitry does not function electrically, but one can imagine and fanatasize about what it might do if it were functional! Perhaps it could sense the words written and act as an automatic spell-checker with blinking lights to indicate questionable spelling and grammar !

1_ONE.JPG

1_TWO.JPG

1_THREE.JPG

Top Bottom