FREESTYLE PEN CONTEST WINNERS!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

On behalf of the International Association of Penturners, and the 12th Annual BASH, I present to you the WINNERS of the 2016 FREESTYLE PEN CONTEST!
Third Place goes to:
Entry #1 created by Levi Woodard aka Leatherman1998

Tell us about your entry: A man down the road has given me access to all his machining equipment. I used 650 brass and then blued it for effect. this is the first of hopefully many to come.

1_Use__2_.JPG

Prize: Gift certificate #2 Rherrel $50.00 ../.. Gift certificate #2 Craft supplies $50.00

Second Place goes to:

Entry #2 Created by Jon Tello aka jontello

Tell us about your entry: The name of the pen is "Growing Hair". The blank to this pen was just made with acrylic paint and CA Glue. It was a very tedious process to get the finished product. I began with painting the tube a black acrylic. Then began to seal it with CA. I would apply about 6 layers of CA. I micro meshed it at this point to make sure the layer was smooth. Then I began to use a crosshatching painting technique where i applied paint to that layer. I then continued to repeat this process until the pen was completely built up. I wanted to have depth in it and thought this would be the best way to do so. There is probably a couple hundred layers in this pen and more time then i would like to admit.

1_IAP-4.JPG

Prize: Inlay kits #10 lazerline $100.00../.. Leroi Package #5 Smitty $50.00

And, by ONE VOTE, First Place goes to Mal Phillips aka magpens

Tell us about your entry: Title: Electronic Pen This pen makes use of the PSI Vertex Click pen kit parts with gun metal finish. The barrel is made from vintage electronic components dating from the 1970's back to the 1930's ... collected by me from my days of electronic experimentation. The main components of the barrel are 16 identical integrated circuits (the black rectangles with white identification markings). The other colorful components are various resistors, capacitors, diodes, inductors, light-emitting diodes (LEDs), and a push-button switch. The click mechanism of the pen operates, and the pen writes and is reasonably comfortable to hold. The circuitry does not function electrically, but one can imagine and fanatasize about what it might do if it were functional! Perhaps it could sense the words written and act as an automatic spell-checker with blinking lights to indicate questionable spelling and grammar !

1_TWO.JPG

Prize: Glue Kit # 5 Swagopenturner $231.00

Congratulations to all three entrants, and thank you for your efforts and inspiration!​

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jontello

Thanks for putting on the contest! It was fun making this pen. Thanks to the people who donated the prizes. They will be put to good use.

magpens

Thanks for the contest ... it was fun !!!! And thanks to the prize donors ... very generous !!

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Congratulations...

Congratulations to all the prize winners....Do I have the right customers or what? All three winners are or have been customers....

Top Bottom