2016 BALL POINT PEN CONTEST

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

THE BALL POINT PEN CONTEST IS NOW OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS!

THIS CONTEST IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED

In addition to the Universal Bash Guidelines found here,

RULES:

- Ballpoint pens kits only. PLEASE NOTE: NO SLIMLINES There's a separate contest for those.
- All work, must be completed 100% by the entrant
- No alterations to the actual kit itself
- No laser-cut or CNC blank alterations allowed.
- Only one pen per person may be entered
- Entries are limited to (2) photos. Use your best skills to photograph your pen that will allow it to be viewed most favorably by the voters and enable them to determine the entry that does best job with fit, finish and wow factor.
- Voting will be conducted by all members of the IAP community in 2 rounds.
Round #1 will be to reduce the field to the top 10 entries.
Round #2 will be to choose the top 3 winners.
- All entries must include the following information:
..name of the kit used
..a brief description of the pen, materials and process used.
..maximum of 2 photos.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRIES HERE

Please use the form found here The Ballpoint Pen Contest to submit your entry
NOTE: Please do not forget to include a brief description of the pen blank and/or process you used to create your pen when submitting your entry...thank you

- The contest opens on Feb 1st and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Feb 16th. Entries received after the cutoff will not be accepted. Please don't wait until the last minute.
- Round 1 voting will open on Feb 17th and close on Feb 21st.
- Round 2 voting will open on Feb 22nd and close on Feb 26th.

PRIZES GALORE

First place - $231 Glue Kit from Swagopenturner
Second place - $100 gift certificate from R and B Crafts
$50 gift certificate from Classic Nib
Third place - $100 gift certificate from Lazerline

WHEN ORDERING YOUR SUPPLIES, PLEASE REMEMBER OUR VERY GENEROUS VENDORS WHO HAVE DONATED TO ALL OF THE BASH CONTESTS

In addition to the prizes above, there will be a Special Commemorative Collectors prize awarded to the winners .

VERY IMPORTANT

ONLY pens that have NEVER been posted on this or any other site are eligible. Please DO NOT post your entry at any time until the end of the contest. This is to keep the identity of the creator hidden until after the voting has been completed for the BASH. The contest organizer will post all entries in the order received.

To participate in this or any other IAP activity your public profile must contain your real first and last name. Please know that information contained in the public profile is not viewable by non-members of the IAP. Members who have failed to successfully complete any previous IAP activities, and who have been notified by the Activities Manager of such, are not eligible to participate in any IAP activities.

Any violations of these rules will disqualify the entry.

If you have ANY questions about the rules or your entry please feel free to send me a PM.

Good luck to everyone, we cannot wait to see what you create and the skills you use to do so......let the fun begin !
Cheers
Bob

Attachments

• mug 2.jpg
    mug 2.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Me thinks yoo two best crank it up cuz' rumor in penville is there's a whole bunch o' new kids waitin' in the wings ta' leave yooz in the proverbial dust.......

Brian G

I'm terrible at trash talk, but not dissuaded by it! I'm much more skilled at self-deprecation.

I think we've turned the concept of "simple ball point" on its ear, based on past entries.

Tonight, it begins.

bobleibo

Hmmmmmm.....call me crazy but I think there might a few folks lurking in the shadows waiting for a chance to gun down some of the past winners. If it were me, I'd be out there creating a new work of art. You just never know, right?

Good Luck Everyone~

Attachments

• shootout.jpg
    shootout.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 368

shanecfi

I hate to be one of who asks questions that have already been answered elsewhere. But in my defense, just a little, the link at the top of this thread on general rules is broken. Ok disclaimers aside, can I use a blank made by someone else such as a Alumilite blanks(s) that I have purchased?

Many Thanks

Shane Barker

bobleibo

I hate to be one of who asks questions that have already been answered elsewhere. But in my defense, just a little, the link at the top of this thread on general rules is broken. Ok disclaimers aside, can I use a blank made by someone else such as a Alumilite blanks(s) that I have purchased?

Many Thanks

Shane Barker
Shane
As far as the link, I will pass that along to the folks that can help. I got the same error.
Yes, you can use a blank made by someone else as long as you do the turning.
Thanks for asking...good luck~
Bob

twinsen

I'm terrible at trash talk, but not dissuaded by it! I'm much more skilled at self-deprecation.

I think we've turned the concept of "simple ball point" on its ear, based on past entries.

Tonight, it begins.

Simple? Where does it say SIMPLE ball point pen contest?

bobleibo

Tonight, it begins.

Article 93, 3rd edition of the IAP Ball Point Pen Contest Bylaws, page 64, paragraph 17 subsection (3)d, line 26...
".......it is SIMPLE" to enter this amazing contest"

Let me know if I can be of any more help
Bob

twinsen

Tonight, it begins.

Article 93, 3rd edition of the IAP Ball Point Pen Contest Bylaws, page 64, paragraph 17 subsection (3)d, line 26...
".......it is SIMPLE" to enter this amazing contest"

Let me know if I can be of any more help
Bob

Hahaha.... I stand corrected.

stonepecker

:cool: HOWEVER, First thing to do is help the kids enter :cool:

All the cool dads are doing it.
Even those that live in So. Dakota.
:rolleyes:
You only have the few days left in this week
and two days next week.

:turtle:

Don't fail your kids this year.
IT WILL BE WORTH THE SMILES YOU WILL GET!!!

And realize it will be another 11 months and 13 days before you
can enter them again.
You really don't want us giving you grief till then.

bobleibo

Final Day

Final Day....contest closes at 11:59 p.m. Tuesday Feb 16th. Come claim your travel mug.

Attachments

• mug 2.jpg
    mug 2.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 186

Sprung

Nice mugs, Bob! Got my name engraved on one of them yet? :biggrin:
No-No!! You have to beat the competition first! :biggrin: THAT'S the way it works :wink::biggrin:

I'm hoping to beat the competition! :biggrin: But, with BrianG trying to defend his title, we'll see how it goes! :eek: I think the pen he won with last year was the pen he was carrying when I met him. Some pretty stiff competition! :eek:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice mugs, Bob! Got my name engraved on one of them yet? :biggrin:
No-No!! You have to beat the competition first! :biggrin: THAT'S the way it works :wink::biggrin:

I'm hoping to beat the competition! :biggrin: But, with BrianG trying to defend his title, we'll see how it goes! :eek: I think the pen he won with last year was the pen he was carrying when I met him. Some pretty stiff competition! :eek:
Oh yeah......I forgot about HIM :redface: uh-oh:biggrin:

Top Bottom