2016 casting 1 resin/polyclay rules

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Here are the rules for the casting 1 resin/polyclay contest.

ENTRY FORM

Resin/Polyclay
Casting contest
This contest is for blanks made from Resin or Polyclay.
This contest is open to everyone.
This contest conforms to the Universal Contest Rules, unless otherwise specified in the following rules for this contest.
1. The blanks for this contest are to be made with resin or made of Polyclay (there is a different contest for "tube on" or embedded resin blanks).
2. The blanks and the pen made from the blank for this contest are to be made solely by the person entering the contest.
3. All blanks must be made into a pen (this is a penturners forum), there is no restriction on the type of pen, ballpoint, rollerball, fountain, kit or kitless. (you can only enter your pen In one contest)
4. No use of CNC or Laser or your submission will be disqualified
5. The blanks must not be or have been shown anywhere even on the IAP before the end of this contest or your submission will be disqualified.
6. You must submit two photos of the finished pen. Remember that these photos are to show off the blank, so make sure your pen and photos shows off your blank.
7. Included with the pictures of your pen, you need to also submit a description of your blank that shows what kind of work went into the making of the blank, without saying something that will give away who you are. Keep this limited to 200 words or less.
8. You must follow all the rules in the Universal Contest Rules that are not covered in the rules above.
9. All entries must be submitted using the entry form provided. Any entries posted here will be disqualified.
10. All entries must be submitted by Feb 22nd Judging for this contest will be by a vote of the members of the IAP, following the rules concerning voting in the Universal Contest Rules.
Prizes
1st place Silver Pen Kit #3 SilverPen Parts $185.00 ../.. Gift Certificate #1 Classic Nib $50.00
2nd place Pen kits #9 Lazerline $100.00 ../.. Gift Certificate #7 Turn Tex $50.00
3rd place Finishing Kit #2 Eco Advanced $40.00 ../.. Alumiite #5 2lb package Alumilite $36.00 ../..Gift certificate #2 Pen State ind. $25.00

The contest will run from Feb 1st to Feb 22nd.

All rules are subject to change for clarification or safety.
Please be creative and have a good time making your blanks and pens.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Have you entered the resin/poly clay casting contest yet. Why not!
Actualy, this is just a Shameless BumP.:biggrin:
Want to make sure things are in front of your eyes.:eek:

CREID

Come on people, aren't you proud of the blanks you have been making? Even if your not you never know, the members vote to decide which ones are best. Look at the rules above the prizes are well worth giving it a shot. It's up to YOU!!!!!!!

CREID

This is a BUMP. Shameless, I know.
Let's get going people. times a wastin'.
Get those blanks made, turned into a pen and entered.

Bob Wemm

Curt,
I must have run over a Chinaman or something, I've made three separate Polymer blanks especially and they have all failed, even the wrap-around that I did with some leftover pieces failed.
I have no idea what went wrong with these.
Sorry.

Bob:mad:

CREID

Curt,
I must have run over a Chinaman or something, I've made three separate Polymer blanks especially and they have all failed, even the wrap-around that I did with some leftover pieces failed.
I have no idea what went wrong with these.
Sorry.

Bob:mad:

You still got some time. :)
Sorry you have had some troubles.

Brian G

Yay, Bob! Glad they worked for you. If you're having trouble deciding, maybe this will help:

Link to Coin Flipper

Place your blanks side by side, decide if heads or tails wins (tails never fails), flip the coins, and whichever blank aligns with the winning side is the winner and that's the one you use. If both coins are heads or tails, just keep flipping until you have a winner.

:biggrin:

Bob Wemm

Yay, Bob! Glad they worked for you. If you're having trouble deciding, maybe this will help:

Link to Coin Flipper

Place your blanks side by side, decide if heads or tails wins (tails never fails), flip the coins, and whichever blank aligns with the winning side is the winner and that's the one you use. If both coins are heads or tails, just keep flipping until you have a winner.

:biggrin:

Thanks Brian,
Got my entry in today so all is good. Went for the blue one.

Bob:)

Top Bottom