And the Winner of the Freestyle Casting Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

The Votes are in and have been tallied. I've double checked and there was no hanging chafe.

So with out further ado here are the winners!

In Third Place Winning - Finishing Kit #1 Eco Advanced $40.00 ../.. Alumilite #4 - 2lb package Alumilite $36.00../.. Gift Cert #1 Pen State ind $25.00 is Contestant # 1 aka "southernclay"

This is a Zen tube on casting in PR. The material is strips of celluloid, cut and glued onto the tube.

1(1).jpg
2(1).jpg
3.jpg

In Second Place Winning: Pen Kits 5 lazerline $100.00 ../.. Finishing kit #3 Eco advanced $40.00 is Contestant # 6 aka "Kenny Durrant"

This blank is made for a Jr. Gent 2 kit. The lower tube was covered with real Pheasant Feathers then sealed and cast in resin. The Upper tube was lengthened so the entire Federal Duck Stamp would fit with the perforation showing all the way around. The standard tube would cut the ends off the stamp and I didn't care for that particular look. After painting the background black I then glued the stamp to the tube and cast in resin. I then turned the blanks to proper dimensions using the Jr. Gent 2 Bushings.

cast%201.JPG
jr2.JPG
jr3.JPG

And Buttoning up First Place and Winning: Silver pen Kit #5 Silver Pen Parts $120.00 ../.. Gift Certificate #1 Turn Tex $100.00 is Contestant # 8 aka "Edge1202"

This is a two sided seam ripper with the barrel painted. Buttons are then glued to the barrel, and when put in the mold, additional buttons are mixed with the resin.

20160109_085005.jpg
20160109_093145.jpg
20160109_105804.jpg

Great contest everyone. There were some great entries. I'll be in touch with the winners tomorrow, March 1st. Thanks to all who helped make this a great BASH!

Last edited:
Top Bottom