The New 2016 PEN BOX CONTEST - Official Rules

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
[FONT=&quot]THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.[FONT=&quot] VOTING WILL BE[FONT=&quot]GIN SOON.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Welcome to the Pen Box Making Contest. This is a new contest for 2016 so get those creative juices flowing and lets see what you can design to complement your pen.

This contest is open to everyone. You are encouraged to think outside the box when designing your Pen Box.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In addition to the Universal Bash Guidelines, the contest rules are as follows:

1- The box should be made to hold one pen. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
2- Any materials and methods may be used in the construction of the box and should be readily available to anyone. Since CNCs and lasers are not comm[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT]n in most sh[FONT=&quot]ops, use of these [FONT=&quot]will not be allowed.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 - A short description of the box and the steps in creating the box must be submitted with no more than 4 pictures of the box. One picture must show a commercial style stick pen or a "free bee" advertising pen in the box. This is so no one will recognize one of "your" pens.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4-The Pen Box may not have been posted anywhere before the February [FONT=&quot]21st[/FONT] deadline. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
5- You may submit up to 2 pen boxes in this contest. Each box must be submitted on a separate entry form available here..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
6-The contest will start on February [FONT=&quot]1[/FONT] and entries will be due no later than Sunday the [FONT=&quot]21st[/FONT] at 11:59pm [FONT=&quot]Hawaii time[/FONT]. Entry Forms will be available at the start of the bash. Pictures will be posted and a poll or polls will be taken to determine the winning 3 pen box(es). Voting will last for 72 hours after posting the poll.
Depending on the [FONT=&quot]number[/FONT] of submissions, we may need to have more than 1 poll to select the winning [FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]en B[FONT=&quot]ox[/FONT] .

Submissions:

7- All entries are due no later than 11:59pm[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]Hawaii time[/FONT],[/FONT] Sunday February [FONT=&quot]21[/FONT].
You must use th[FONT=&quot]is[/FONT] entry form to submit your pen box(es). A [FONT=&quot]separate[/FONT] form is required for each submission.

8- All entries will be posted at the same time following the contests deadline. This will give all entries the same time "in the spotlight".

Prizes:
[/FONT]First- Gift Certificate #1 Suffolk Machinery $100.00 ../..Inlay Kits #2 Lazerline $100.00
Second- Inlay Kits #9 Lazerline $100.00 ../.. gift certificate #2 Rockler $50.00
Third- Pen kits #1 SteamPunk ../.. Ken kallashann $51.00 Gift Certificate #5 Classic Nib $50.00

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
And we have a winner.....

well, at least one entry so far, so unless we get more entries this one's a shoe in. So, let's get those creative juices flowing and get those pen boxes made.

jttheclockman

This contest and the pen stand contest are the 2 that I have my eye on. These are 2 contests that will test your skills beyond pen turning. It will require other tools and will require some thinking outside the box. These contest I think will help expand the realm of pen turning. Maybe I will be set up for the Summer show but in the mean time lets see what you all got. I love the addition of these 2 contests. :)

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
As of 5PM Central time I have received 8 fantastic entries in the Pen Box Contest.
There is still a little over 24 hours to get your entry in. Deadline to get your entry in is [FONT=&quot]Sunday the [FONT=&quot]21st[/FONT] at 11:59pm [FONT=&quot]Hawaii time[/FONT]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You must use th[FONT=&quot]is[/FONT] entry form to submit your pen box(es). A [FONT=&quot]separate[/FONT] form is required for each submission.
[/FONT]

wood-of-1kind

How or where do I go to see photos that were entered for pen box submission?
I have voted but I wish to see the entries submitted. A link would be appreciated.

wood-of-1kind

Top Bottom