Puzzle #3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #3 is ready to go. Here's the link to it:

The Almost Daily Puzzler in Remembrance of Landon Smith

This is a crossword puzzle. Click on Check Puzzle when you have finished the puzzle. If you have correctly solved the puzzle, you will get a completion code -- if you have any errors, they will be flagged and you can correct them. Once you have a completion code, click on the link to enter it.

You may enter only once and you cannot make any changes once you submit your entry. You will have at least 24 hours from the time of this post to complete the puzzle. All correct entries will earn one point toward the overall puzzle prize count.

Post any questions that you might have in this thread.

As always, banter is welcome & encouraged, but please do not ask for or post any real hints.

Good luck
Edgar

The Penguin

Puzzle #3 is ready to go. Here's the link to it:

The Almost Daily Puzzler in Remembrance of Landon Smith

This is a crossword puzzle. Click on Check Puzzle when you have finished the puzzle. If you have correctly solved the puzzle, you will get a completion code -- if you have any errors, they will be flagged and you can correct them. Once you have a completion code, click on the link to enter it.

You may enter only once and you cannot make any changes once you submit your entry. You will have at least 24 hours from the time of this post to complete the puzzle. All correct entries will earn one point toward the overall puzzle prize count.

Post any questions that you might have in this thread.

As always, banter is welcome & encouraged, but please do not ask for or post any real hints.

Good luck
Edgar

you are one sick puppy.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Possible Clue

I don't know if this will help anyone, but you may have noticed that most of the clues have something to do with pop culture (TV, movies, music, comics, literature, etc).

Seeing as how I'm a nostalgic old fart, you may have to go back a good ways on some of these. :wink:

MikeG

I don't know if this will help anyone, but you may have noticed that most of the clues have something to do with pop culture (TV, movies, music, comics, literature, etc).

Seeing as how I'm a nostalgic old fart, you may have to go back a good ways on some of these. :wink:

Thanks, now only 10 to go!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Edgar when are you shutting the doors on this. I'm down to 8 but have to wrap it up until late tonight best case.

It was scheduled to close about 11 pm CST tonight, but I will extend it until noon tomorrow (Thursday).

So far, it does not appear that anyone has solved the puzzle, so I may need to post some alternate clues for a few of the words. Trust me though - they will all make sense once you find out what they are (although a few do require some out of the box thinking).

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
You are welcome to send me a PM with a few of the puzzle clues that are giving you the most trouble.

I will not reply to those PMs, but I might post some alternative clues for those words in this thread for everyone's benefit. (no guarantees though)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I got it down to 4 this morning, but then IE crashed. My attempts save prior to that had failed, so I lost it all.

UGH!

I hope you were able to remember most of the words you had figured out.

Periodic screen shots is a good idea...

duncsuss

I got it down to 4 this morning, but then IE crashed. My attempts save prior to that had failed, so I lost it all.

Oh no ... I hope you're able to remember & reconstruct what you'd achieved.

I'm nowhere near (haven't even reached the halfway point) so I should stop banging my head against the wall and start trying to figure out the next puzzle.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Additional Hints

Here are some additional hints for a few of the words. Let's see if these will help you focus your thinking a little.

LITTLE GUY: think children's literature

PAWN: think movies

SOMETIMES YOU ONLY HAVE HALF OF ONE: think sports

SUB: I started to use a sports clue for this word, but I chose a different route

I'll let you mull on those a while before I give more hints.

Sylvanite

Here are some additional hints for a few of the words. Let's see if these will help you focus your thinking a little. ... I'll let you mull on those a while before I give more hints.
Got those already, but "TV Samples" and "War Daddy" are still eluding me.

By the way, is the clue "The State State" correct? I recall it being different the first time I loaded the puzzle.

markgum

Well... since I'm such a young whipper snapper all these were BEFORE my time.. :laugh:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Here are some additional hints for a few of the words. Let's see if these will help you focus your thinking a little. ... I'll let you mull on those a while before I give more hints.

By the way, is the clue "The State State" correct? I recall it being different the first time I loaded the puzzle.

I'll let you mull on TV SAMPLES a while longer - no one else has asked about that one yet.

WAR DADDY has stumped a few others though: think movies

THE STATE STATE clue is correct. :)

LouCee

No prize is worth this much aggravation... if this is the easiest one I will just skip the rest.

I agree, and I used to do crosswords regularly. I was at a point where I thought I had a chance, then later I realized there are some I am most likely not going to get. I'm not going to have a chance to work on this in the morning so I'm out. :beat-up:

The Penguin

easypeasy

TV Samples: commercials
War Daddy: Patton
The State State: frozen

:biggrin:

Sprung

I had to give up - it was taking me too much time to get nowhere! :eek: Not an easy one, Edgar! I think figuring out how to reassemble the crib (without instructions or remembering where the specific hardware went) in anticipation of upcoming events was much easier to do! :eek:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
More hints

Let's see if these might help:

HALF OF ONE: alternate clue: TV FAMILY ONCE WITH A SINGER

SUB: think military

WAR DADDY: alternate clue: WEBB'S PARTNER

PAWN: think Mel Brooks movie

TV SAMPLES: think TV show with lots of country music

southernclay

I did it! It doesn't feel that great, just less bad now :biggrin:.....need more coffee!
I swear I put the final answer in last night but who knows.

What I know is that if my google got audited there would be many questions lol

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I did it! It doesn't feel that great, just less bad now :biggrin:.....need more coffee!
I swear I put the final answer in last night but who knows.

What I know is that if my google got audited there would be many questions lol

OK Everyone - Warren just proved that this puzzle is NOT impossible.

I will extend the time on this one until 4 pm CST today.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle Update

We now have two correct entries, so I will not be posting any more hints.

This puzzle will close at 4 pm CST today.

Edgar

Top Bottom