Auction #6 - Omas Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
AUCTION #6: Scott Greaves Fountain Pen ENDS About 9pm ET on Friday FEB 26th

Omas1.jpg Omas2.jpgOmas3.jpg

[profile=Scott]Scott Greaves[/profile], co-founder of the IAP, has again donated a beautiful commercial pen from his private collection. This year he has sent an Omas Ogiva with a custom ground stub nib, in the original box with paperwork. THANK YOU, SCOTT!

Here are Scott's comments on this pen:
Omas is a premium Italian pen maker whose designs have been displayed in art museums. The Ogiva is a long, slim, torpedo shaped pen that both looks and feels racy! It is made from a jet black resin, then a guilloche pattern of long grooves was machined into the surface. The ink mechanism is a piston fill. The nib is 18K and began life as a medium. I later had it ground to a stub. It is a juicy writer with lots of character, and should be a wonderful daily writer for some lucky member of my penturning family. I have included the original box and paperwork. I recommend a nice black ink such as Noodlers.

NOTE: This is not a new commercial pen. It's from Scott's personal collection. There are a very few (two that I could find) blemishes on this pen from gentle use.

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK everyone, here we go with Auction #6.

A beautiful OMAS OGIVA from the personal collection of IAP co-founder [profile=scott]Scott Greaves[/profile].

Bob and Chuck, take it away!

bobleibo

Welcome to auction 6

Ladies and Gentlemen

You call him Chuck, I call him boss,

I now present your MC for the night,

Sir Chuck.

Take it away boss!

Attachments

• pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

SteveG

Lets try 150
No secret codes this time around, since on a prior auction I got my fingers slapped (gently, and in a kind and nurturing manner which was intended to instruct, not punish) for playfully encoding my bid in a way that called for THE secret decoder ring to decipher.

bobleibo

Thank you Vic!
We have $215, who wants to take it to $243.84 or $______

Last edited:

bobleibo

Steve Thank You for the bid of $240 !

Is this fabulous pen going to follow that IAP bowl filled with chocolate?

Do we hear $265 out there?

bobleibo

Remember folks, it's not often someone will get an opportunity to own a pen that came from one of the folks who started this entire community that we all enjoy so much. Feel free to raise any bid you see here.

bobleibo

Thank you Warren. We seem to have an old fashioned tug-o-war brewing.
We are now at $250. Who wants to tug us up to $275?

Top Bottom