Auction #4 - Bob Wemm Vase

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
AUCTION #4: Bob Wemm Turned Vase ENDS FEB 20 around 9pm ET

Care to own a museum piece? Here's your chance!

attachment.php

Bob Wemm has donated this absolutely stunning Jarrah and Tasmanian Oak segmented vase. The vase measures 7-1/2" x 7-1/2" and consists of 544 separate pieces. You can read more about this awesome piece of art and see some more photos HERE.

THANK YOU, BOB!

Attachments

• BobWemmVase.JPG
    BobWemmVase.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Auction #4, HERE WE GO!

THANKS to Bob Wemm for a spectacular donation!

Auctioneers Bob and Chuck, start the action!

bobleibo

Vase info

As we get ready to kick off auction #4 for this very special piece of work from Bob Wemm that will undoubtedly become a show piece in anyone's home, I wanted to pass along a little bit of information about the vase that we got from Bob.

The vase is made from two of the most iconic timber trees in Australia, Eucalyptus marginata (Jarrah) and Eucalyptus regnans (Tasmanian Oak). There are also three veneers made from Curly Maple. Each ring is cut and glued, then attached to the base or previous ring and turned to rough shape. Finally sanded to 400 and then polished with Shellawax GLOW friction polish.
There are 544 segment pieces in the Vase which stands 7.5inches tall and 7.5inches in diameter. There are 10 rings of 12 segments each and the base is 13 pieces, (12 segments and a centre plug).
The Indian Blanket design feature ring is also 12 segments that are made up from 408 individual pieces.

Last edited:

bobleibo

Thank you Monty! The bid is now at $350. Who will bid $400 for this special piece of artwork?

Last edited:

bobleibo

Sorry, I missed that earlier bid from Ron at $400 who not only has bid here but donated the amazing set of Abalone blanks that were recently won by Smitty over at auction #3 for $750.

And now Ron takes it another step to $500. Thank you again Ron!

bobleibo

With Ron on top at $500 who will increase the bid?

I will call it a day and, let my boss Bob finish the day :biggrin:

Night all!!:wink:

Your WHAT ????? Not until I get the big money just like you! ..in your case it's spelled BO$$ ~ In my case its spelled P00R (notice the zeroes in there)

Anyone is welcome to close the night out with a bid to $550?

bobleibo

"This isn't the vase your looking for"... "Move along"... :)

(Jedi mind trick)

Ron, I'm starting to wonder if your Jedi thing worked....kind of quiet over here. Maybe they're just resting up for a bit? We're ready for that next bid folks. Who will take us to $550?

bobleibo

When the bo$$ gets back from his spa treatment, I'll see if we can close it early, maybe 8:59.50 just for you Ron. Will that help?

Who out there is ready to take us to $550 for this collectors item vase that will certainly become a family heirloom?

SteveG

My name was called in this auction, with some reference to a crazy notion that I might still be sleeping...

I am wide awake, and have just returned from my weekly gig at the Marriott, selling my pens. Just so you know, I will not be in this auction. Bob's vase is about as good as you can find, from the technical aspect to the pure aesthetics. But I am simply not a collector of this type of item. Thanks to Bob for the donation! :)

Top Bottom