40% discount on all inlay kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

studioseven

I was looking at your inlay blanks on your site. Are they pre-drilled? Just curious what pen kit they would fit. I couldn't find the answer on your site.

Seven

pianomanpj

I was looking at your inlay blanks on your site. Are they pre-drilled? Just curious what pen kit they would fit. I couldn't find the answer on your site.

Seven

The majority of Constant's inlay kits are for the Sierra-style pen, and fit a 27/64" brass tube. I believe any other inlay kit is labeled for the pen that it fits. All the inlay kits are pre-drilled.

RustySocket

Thanks for the discount offer. I took advantage of it and will be making a gift for a new Nurse graduate and another for a Past Master of my lodge. Also based on recommendations of others in a different thread. I'm going to try my hand turning between centers on some Slimline TBC bushing

magpens

How long are the inlay blanks?

Most of the inlay blanks are sized for Sierra-style pen kits. . If not, the website should say what they are sized for.

I have found that the inlay blanks which are sized for Sierra-style will fit both the Sierra Twist (which has a brass tube about 2.2" long) and the Sierra Click (which has a brass tube a little longer than 2.4" ). . In both cases, you have to trim the inlay blank to the correct length after you glue the tube into it.

Sierra-style pen kits include the Mesa, Gatsby, Zodiac, Ellipse, Wall Street, and other kits from various manufacturers. . Those all take a 27/64" diameter tube.

Other kits which the Sierra-style inlay blanks will fit are the Virage, the Napoleon, and the Le Roi Elegant Major. These also take a 27/64" diameter tube.

Another type of pen kit for which you quite commonly see inlay blanks is the PSI 30 Caliber Bolt Action kit which is designed around a 3/8" diameter tube.

Hope this helps.

Note that when we pen-turners refer to a certain diameter of pen tube we are really talking about the drill size we use to drill the hole in the blank to accept that tube. . The tube is actually about 0.010" smaller than the drill.

Inlay blanks, as stated above, are pre-drilled ... you don't have to do any drilling.

Last edited:
Thank you Mal,

I still have to setup the other sizes like 3/8 on the site .
The length of the blanks are made longer just for that reason and it make it easy on me so the blanks does not get mixed up as far as size go.

duncsuss

Nice website -- the store is among the easiest I've used, very straightforward and the checkout process went smoothly, including use of the discount code and shipping charge calculator.

I clicked the logo in your signature line (here on IAP) expecting it to take me to your website (I hadn't read your line about it being the newsletter sign-up), instead it directed me to the ConstantContact visitor login. Once I got there, the sign-up process failed. Here's the screen I got:

Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 8.19.46 AM.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom