IAP Smartphone App Discussions - Page 6 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > IAP Management Team > New Member Advocate
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
New Member Advocate Edgar Dohmann is the IAP New Member Advocate

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #51 (permalink)
New Member Advocate

Photos: 23

Our IAP Bushings & Tubes App reached 700 downloads in November and is rapidly approaching 800 downloads.

Thanks for your continued support and use of the app. Please send me any suggestions that you might have for improving the app.

Edgar
Old 04-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #52 (permalink)
New Member Advocate

Over 900 copies of our IAP Bushings & Tubes app have been downloaded from the Apple App Store to date.

We are working on updates to our database, but I can't give an ETA for when they will be available just yet.

We continue to appreciate your comments & suggestions for improvement to the app.

Edgar
Old 05-09-2017, 08:00 AM   #53 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Edgar,
My problem may be unique to me thanks to my scatterbrained approach to turning and my poor organization but I wish there was a way to search the information for a tube of x diameter and y length (+/- a given amount). I know how I would do this if I had access to the spreadsheet but I do not have that on my phone.
Jtvinny is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2017, 10:25 AM   #54 (permalink)
New Member Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtvinny View Post
Edgar,
My problem may be unique to me thanks to my scatterbrained approach to turning and my poor organization but I wish there was a way to search the information for a tube of x diameter and y length (+/- a given amount). I know how I would do this if I had access to the spreadsheet but I do not have that on my phone.
There is limited capability along those lines at the present time. For example, the Bolt Action kits have a tube length of 1.97" and a diameter of 0.368". You can enter a search term of 1.9 .36 (leaving a space between the two numbers) and the app will return a list of kits with the same dimensions or slight variations such as the Southwest (1.92 & 0.368) and Flat Top American (1.99 & 0.368).

This particular search will also find kits matching just one of those terms (such as the Chairman with 1.97 & 0.268) because the search looks for matches on any of the terms in any field.

The search algorithm is pretty basic at the present time, but we may add more sophistication in the future to allow such things as AND (match all terms), specific parameters rather than any parameter, and range bounds rather than exact matches.

I can't give you any time frame or promises on such additional capability, but we do appreciate your suggestions and will take them into consideration.

Thanks
Edgar
Old 06-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #55 (permalink)

Photos: 60

Would this app be compatible with my Windows PC if I download the iTunes app? Thanks.

https://www.instagram.com/woodnotch/

I Corinthians 10:31
Rolandranch is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #56 (permalink)
New Member Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandranch View Post
Would this app be compatible with my Windows PC if I download the iTunes app? Thanks.
Short answer is no.

It only runs on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad & iPod. Although there may be iOS emulaters available, the user experience would be nothing like that of an actual device. The app uses a lot of gesture features that do not perform well in emulation environments.

Last edited by Edgar; 06-17-2017 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Typo
Edgar is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
Short answer is no.

It only runs on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad & iPod. Although there may be iOS emulaters available, the user experience would be nothing like that of an actual device. The app uses a lot of gesture features that do not perform well in emulation environments.
Thank you for your quick response. I hope this app will be available for Android or PC in the future.

Old 06-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #58 (permalink)

Is there any way I could get the bushing/tube chart in a different format than PDF? It would be extremely helpful and save a lot of time if I could do a word search (you can't do a word search with PDF). Thanks again.

Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads