25000 Members

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
If you look at the statistics at the bottom of our Home Page, you can see that we will probably reach the 25,000 member milestone sometime in May.

To celebrate this event, one lucky new member who joins IAP when, or shortly after, the counter hits 25,000 will be designated as our Honorary 25,000th member and will receive some gifts.

I already have two boxes of blanks and some pen kits for this lucky person. If any other member or vendor would like to contribute some blanks, kits, tools, gift certificates, etc. for this event, please let me know.

Like department stores who award 1,000,000th customer prizes, this 25,000th member award will be an approximation. (You don't really think those 1,000,000 customer counters are exact do you?)

For one thing, we have actually had over 34,000 people sign up with IAP since its founding. However, Jeff occasionally purges some accounts (duplicates, inactive, bogus, etc.). Also, robots sometimes increment our counter and some people who join have no interest in turning (some vendors, for example).

Therefore, I have determined a set of criteria for selecting the account that will receive this designation to ensure that it belongs to a real person who is interested in turning & making pens. As a result, it may not be the actual account that tics the counter to 25,000 but might instead be one that joins shortly after that. I have shared my criteria with Jeff, but I won't post it publicly before the big announcement.

SO, let's have some fun and celebrate this upcoming milestone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

If you look at the statistics at the bottom of our Home Page, you can see that we will probably reach the 25,000 member milestone sometime in May.

To celebrate this event, one lucky new member who joins IAP when, or shortly after, the counter hits 25,000 will be designated as our Honorary 25,000th member and will receive some gifts.

I already have two boxes of blanks and some pen kits for this lucky person. If any other member or vendor would like to contribute some blanks, kits, tools, gift certificates, etc. for this event, please let me know.

Like department stores who award 1,000,000th customer prizes, this 25,000th member award will be an approximation. (You don't really think those 1,000,000 customer counters are exact do you?)

For one thing, we have actually had over 34,000 people sign up with IAP since its founding. However, Jeff occasionally purges some accounts (duplicates, inactive, bogus, etc.). Also, robots sometimes increment our counter and some people who join have no interest in turning (some vendors, for example).

Therefore, I have determined a set of criteria for selecting the account that will receive this designation to ensure that it belongs to a real person who is interested in turning & making pens. As a result, it may not be the actual account that tics the counter to 25,000 but might instead be one that joins shortly after that. I have shared my criteria with Jeff, but I won't post it publicly before the big announcement.

SO, let's have some fun and celebrate this upcoming milestone.

Hi Edgar,

Great idea..!

Please add a $25.00 gift voucher from George's Bits of Timber to the prizes list this lucky person will receive.

Just make sure to send me a reminder with the IAP name of the winner.

Cheers
George

stonepecker

I believe that the MN chapter could find a box of blanks and items to get the lucky member off to a great start. Put us down for a USPS box to the new member.
Send me the name/address and I will mail it out the first week in June.

leehljp

Member Liaison
How about an "Eager Beaver" awe-shucks recognition and a "Procrastinator's" dad-gummit recognition for the one just before, and the one just after the 25,000'th member.
:biggrin:

flyitfast

And the winner is?????

Just curious...........
I see we reached the 25000 member level. Did we have a winner somewhere in there??
It is really great to see how IAP has grown and all the interested people that have shown interest is this fine group. It is also no wonder with all the information, education, and inspiration that we all enjoy.
Welcome and Congratulations to the "chosen" new IAP member !!!!
I think I missed it by a couple. :biggrin:
Gordon

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I have determined our winner and will make an announcement sometime today.

Thanks to all who have offered prizes for this event.

Edgar

Top Bottom