Is the Wolverine wheel dresser good?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

I'm trying to get better at sharpening,and my white wheel is so soft the profile gets uneven pretty quickly.Watching the videos on the CSUSA site,they show the jig being used.

I use the tee-shaped one that came with my Delta grinder.I can get it pretty straight but I think in order to get it flat I end up taking more off.

Also,on the video they show the vee-block looking guage tool you have mounted to the bench base and it sets the gouge in the Vari-grind exactly in the same place every time.

So I'm asking for opinions on if these two things are worth buying?

Thanks,

Steve

I have the Wolverine wheel dresser and seldom use it. To me it just seems too fussy both to set up and use. I have a cheap HF dresser that works fine for my purposes.

lorbay

I use the complete Oneway System and I am very happy with it. The dressing tool is most probably the best one out there.

Lin.

nativewooder

The only jig I have heard complaints about is the skew jig. The vari-grind jig, I only have the old one, and the diamond wheel jig work as well as the operator's skill set. Not to be critical, but read the directions and watch the video if available. I have moved on to better (harder) wheels, and since I buy my gouges from Doug Thompson I don't do much grinding, just sharpening with a light touch. Good Luck!

Top Bottom