Whataya buying thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Today is the day. This weekend is the weekend. What are you treating yourself to.
I bought a Jet Air Filtration System.I would have bought it anyway but from $377 to $295 makes me smile.
WHAT ARE YOU BUYING. It's be good to yourself weekend.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

That's the spirit guys.
Someone talk me into ordering a Drill Press. I'm waiting for the voices of reason to chime in. No idea what I would do with it but it'll look good in the shop. It's this weekend or never. This is a major decision so I have handle it very delicately. Therefor I will do the most mature and rational thing...that would be to Flip A Coin.

Last edited:

longbeard

That's the spirit guys.
Someone talk me into ordering a Drill Press. I'm waiting for the voices of reason to chime in. No idea what I would do with it but it'll look good in the shop. It's this weekend or never. This is a major decision so I have handle it very delicately. Therefor I will do the most mature and rational thing...that would be to Flip A Coin.

I almost bought the Hitachi tablesaw from Lowe's. On sale for $299, just so I could say I have a tablesaw.

Harry

WriteON

That's the spirit guys.

I almost bought the Hitachi tablesaw from Lowe's. On sale for $299, just so I could say I have a tablesaw.

Harry

Bragging rights when we talk to our neighbor over the fence:biggrin:

ghansen4

I upgraded from the Rikon 70-100 lathe to the 70-220vsr. (On sale at Woodcraft for $499.) Loving the variable speed!

RSQWhite

That's the spirit guys.

Buy that new Nova Voyager drill press and have everyone green with envy. On sale at Woodcraft.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

WriteON

That's the spirit guys.

Buy that new Nova Voyager drill press and have everyone green with envy. On sale at Woodcraft.

SO... I passed on the DP. Decided I'm not in the mood to get another bench..set it up...learn to use it, etc...and to be honest with myself I'm enjoying the success of lathe drilling. Also might return the Router...not sure how, when, where it'll be used. The Jet 1000b air filtration was my buy of the month. Glad I got that. The money not spent on the drill press went for other shop stuff. Life is good....change that to life is great. Turning is too much fun....and you guys rock.

Jack Parker

I lucked into a 1947 Delta Unisaw table saw with all the original documentation and most of the original accessories for $300 and a couple of pens(Filibella and 50Cal Filp Pen).

I just treated myself to a Laguna REVO 1836 with the wheel system and a set of the new Woodpeckers carbide turning tools. Now I just need some time to use them.

I've been eyeing that bad boy every trip I make to Woodcraft... seems like quite a nice package for the money, and I've seen some excellent reviews of it. I'd be very interested to hear your take after some use.

williampens

I'm heading to Woodcraft to buy the Rikon 70-105 lathe. Would have liked the 70-220vsr but just can't afford it right now. Awaiting a package from PSI and 1 from WoodTurningz as well as a Amazon delivery. Should have everything to start turning pens again. This is my 4th Pen Studio I've put together. Lost 2 as a result of divorces, one when my depression took over my brain and I sold it. This time I'm keeping it come hell or high water! Been making pens on & off since 2001.

mikeinphoenix

I'm heading to Woodcraft to buy the Rikon 70-105 lathe. Would have liked the 70-220vsr but just can't afford it right now. Awaiting a package from PSI and 1 from WoodTurningz as well as a Amazon delivery. Should have everything to start turning pens again. This is my 4th Pen Studio I've put together. Lost 2 as a result of divorces, one when my depression took over my brain and I sold it. This time I'm keeping it come hell or high water! Been making pens on & off since 2001.

As a new turner I bought the Grizzly 3.75" chuck set

Top Bottom