WELCOME TO MY WORLD !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

scalawagtoo

I have worked on this for four days. I want you guys to see what I get for $2.75 a month, all to myself!

A couple shots have already been posted, but bear with me, follow the p

200562053828_frontdoorSC.jpg

rogression.

200562053956_reardoorSC.jpg

200562054114_amtdetailSC.jpg

200562054245_radialarmSC.jpg

200562054358_bigtableSC.jpg

200562054536_sanderSC.jpg

200562054642_drillpressSC.jpg

20056205488_scrollsawSC.jpg

200562054937_band%20saw.jpg

200562055114_smalltableSC.jpg

200562055235_routertableSC.jpg

200562055355_planerSC.jpg

200562055527_jointerSc.jpg

200562055713_pegboardSC.jpg

200562055824_toolroomshelfSC.jpg

200562055938_toolchestSC.jpg

There's more but I won't bore you.
Here's the lovely lady who made it all happen:

20056206148_KARISC.jpg

I've got a good start.
NOW I WANT TO LEARN FROM THE MASTERS!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Dang Paul, I'm jealous!!!! How did you manage the use of that shop for so cheap? Oh, and she's cute - yet another reason to go to the center! [:D]

scalawagtoo

I was faced with riding my bike 16.4 miles a day to make pens in my sister's garage.

A friend and nieghbor told me the Senior Center had a woodshop.

I went and talked to Kari. No one uses the shop. Last person signed in three months ago. They're thrilled to have someone dirty it up.

I bought a membership. $15 for 18 months.

I suppose people are jealous, but the Title of the Discussion is "SHOW OFF YOUR SHOP" and I did.

I'm jealous of all that fantastic ART that I see.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Good idea, Paul! Many years ago, I had access to the wood hobby shop on the Navy base in Puerto Rico. I made some furniture, and it really spoils you to have the use of professional equipment. It also makes it difficult to go back to a home shop! [:(]

Fred in NC

Paul, that is wonderful! Well equipped, and from what you explained, you just about have it all to yourself.

I wish we had that kind of facility here. At least I could use some of the tools I don't have room for.

Any way, congratulations are in order. Enjoy !

Man Paul, at first I thought you had bought Sears or something! That is wonderful, and to think that no one uses it! Perhaps they are not letting the public know what a fine shop they have. Anyway, you can take advantage of it! Have fun[:D][8)][:eek:)]

scalawagtoo

EDITED REPLY -
I mount tools on the wall sideways so that WHEN I HAVE "A COUPLE BEERS" everything seems just right.
(my apologies to those of you who may have children reading these posts and I don't want Jeff to have to call me on the carpet)

scalawagtoo

Fred In North Carolina - clever lathe mount!

It pays to look around. Years ago I had a friend who was a guitarmaker without a shop. I happened to be wandering around the University of Minnesota main campus and found a fully-equipped shop that was open to anyone, he started building guitars and bought me a few beers.

I was surfing the web and came across a community center shop in San Francisco. They wanted $250-$300 for a ten week furniture building course plus materials!!!!

Jim in Reston - years ago I drove taxi for yellow cab of silver spring maryland. Happens I know what a pricey zip code
Reston is. I couldn't afford to rent a square inch there!

scalawagtoo

Darley _

That's the first I have seen of Banksia nut work.

I intend to remount that AMT lathe, get it up where my bad back can use it comfortably and use it, among other things for finishing. I can turn pens on that Carbatec and get someone to finish them while I turn another.

I like your bowl work, when I get caught up on other work I'm going to try a few more myself.

Darley

Originally posted by scalawagtoo
<br />

I can turn pens on that Carbatec

That what I though about this little red devil[}:)][:D] an Aussie leathe in your work shop, that is a beauty[:D], yes banksia pod are good to work with but precaution are to be taken.

scalawagtoo

Originally posted by jdavis
<br />Get it dirty.

Friday afternoon I knock off early so I can do a major clean-up.
Today I dusted the dust collection system pipes, scrubbed out the utility sink, washed some walls, wiped down the machines with little oil on a rag, blew all the sawdust off the machines, out from under the machines, out of the corners, swept AND MOPPED! and oh yeah, shook the rugs.

I hope I don't get kicked out of IAP for having a clean shop![:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom