Watches

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

This thread is just a little info if one wants to get into watch part pen blanks. This is not how to make them or anything like that. This is if you are into repairing or just taking apart. I dabbled a little and have some watch tools to do certain things. But about a month ago I was thinking I need a set of tools that I can grab when I start making these watch part pen blanks. A cheap set but efficient set that I just grab and all tools are there that would be needed.

So I went on ebay and there are many different sets and all made in China and all basically the same with some exceptions and that is what I wanted to mention.

First of all here is the set I bought but at that time it was $26. I sent him a note to see if he will be getting any more in and selling at that price. Have not heard back yet.
NEW Excelvan Watch Repair Tool Kit Set Watchmaker tools Watch Back/ Link Removal | eBay

My point here to mention tools that will make the job so much easier and are in that set. So if looking for a set and there are some much cheaper. Whatever you do though do not use any of the tools for a job not intended such as those small thin screwdrivers for opening a case. If you have to, use a knife blade but they do have the opener but many times is too thick. for those snap backs. They have the tool for screw backs and it works well but for some there are better ones out there. The spring loaded hands extractor is a must and so handy and works well. There is of course the small and I mean small screwdriver blades that are a must for those tiny screws. The watch band remover is nice the watch face block for holding can be attached to a board for better control. There is the pointed fine tweesers, a must. There is a tool that is basically a lever and has 2 sizes which will help taking out the gears when pressed on. This set or one like with the essential tools I mentioned will get the job done.

I know there will be those that jump on here and tell us all the need is a big hammer and screwdriver to get the job done but good for you. To me the parts of a watch are small and fragile so work in a environment that has plenty table space and I suggest a white cloth or mat under the watch. A magnifier light is a must unless you have super vision. Have at it and start making some watch part blanks.

After the first of the year I will be posting quite afew with some different twists to what has been seen. Have fun and hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Just heard back from the vendor I bought from and he said he will not be selling any more. But there are many others out there too so good luck.

Top Bottom