To VS or not to VS?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdog

Going to take the plunge into a Jet Mini. Is it worth it to get the VS? I am leaning towards the non-VS just for the sake of simplicity in case of a breakdown in the VS gizmo. What say ye?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

I bought the VS after considering the same things. It's worth the extra $$$!!! IMHO I would go with the VS! [:D] Specially if you do your finishing on the lathe.

rtparso

I don't have a Jet but I have a Grizzly VS and I don't know how I could finish without the VS. Slow it way down to apply the CA then speed it up to polish.

Deere41h

I started with the standard Jet mini and have used it for the past two years. It has worked great. <b>But</b> I just bought a VS and wouldn't trade it for anything. I my opinion it's worth every $ you have to pay for it.

Daniel

My vote is, if you have the money, then shoot the wad. I bought a whole second lathe with one primary reason being VS. I now turn on one lathe and finish on anouther. when i can get a tool rest for the VS one the old one will be for turning pepermills.
I am one that will buy a lot of gadgets and dedicated tools cause I hate setting up and fiddling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom