video: drilling on the lathe (another one)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Good Job, Lenny! That's exactly how I do it, except I don't use the tape. I just keep a Sharpie fine point by the lathe and put a small mark on the bit. I make so many pens with the same length tube that the mark on the bit is just about permanent now.

Excellent video (and I like that high dollar dust collector collar) :) Wish my Jet were that clean!

Lenny

(and I like that high dollar dust collector collar) :)

LOL ... yeah, it's pretty fancy. :biggrin:
I have actually started to think about doing something different ... but whatever I've tried so far .... well, it's still there! The PSI one looks promising but I'm not sure it would be any better. :)

PenMan1

(and I like that high dollar dust collector collar) :)

LOL ... yeah, it's pretty fancy. :biggrin:
I have actually started to think about doing something different ... but whatever I've tried so far .... well, it's still there! The PSI one looks promising but I'm not sure it would be any better. :)

I have the PSI one, yours looks better. The PSI "flap" front seemed like a good idea, but it gets so much acrylic and CA on it that it is impossible to see through.

randyrls

I have the PSI one, yours looks better. The PSI "flap" front seemed like a good idea, but it gets so much acrylic and CA on it that it is impossible to see through.

Clean it with the same polish you use for acrylic pens, then put a layer of Saran wrap on the underside. Replace when it gets grungy...

Dirt Bikers do this to their face shields and have multiple layers of wrap. During a race when it gets dirty, they rip off a layer.

Lenny

Great Job Lenny----
I never thought to steady the Jacobs---thanks--- learn from this site every day!
Moke

I learned that the HARD way! On my jet mini you I have to be very conscious of how far back I retract the tailstock as the drill chuck arbor is prone to coming loose. I've also had the bit get hung up as I would retract .... keeping a hand on it at least alerts me soon enough if something starts to go bad. It can also help to get the bit started right ... at least that is what I tell myself. :)

Top Bottom