Vacuum Pump fitting to NTP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
My vacuum pump has R134 and R22? (I think) fittings and the threads are definitely not NTP. I don't think I can replace the fitting on the Vacuum pump so I would like to find and adapter. What do you guys do to go from R134 fitting/threads to NTP hose/threads?

Is there an adapter? I saw a past post (3 years ago) with the same basic question - and the answers were: change to NTP or Use NTP. Duh. of course but if the vacuum pump has R fittings/threads, you can't use NTP. Am I missing something?

This is an HF 3CFM 2stage pump purchased when it was about $100, but not used until now.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chartle

I just took mine off. On the pump its just a regular NPT 1/4" thread.

But yes turntex is about the only place to get that adapter. Its possible to bodge something up from Home Depot parts but at some point you need a flare tool.

dogcatcher

If you have area; hardware store in your area, you might find the part you need there, another place is a heating and air conditioner parts supply house. I found mine on a hose tat had the correct connections at the AC place, I bought the hose, and cut off the end I did not need and replace that end with standard pipe thread fitting.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thanks fellows. I did not know what to look for. Now I know 1/4 SAE flare to 1/4 NTP, OR 3/8

I will also check and see if the current dual 1/4 and 3/8 outlet will screw out so that I can maybe add in one of my own fittings. This will be my first choice.

Dehn0045

Just don't get one that is "1/4 female inverted flare to npt", that is different than "1/4 female flare to npt". I thought that the "inverted" term was the supplier just being superfluous, but it is indeed a different thing...

Top Bottom