Up and Running!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I have been without a place to turn for about a year. ZI'm in the process of adding on to my garage but there has been alot of red tape. Hopefully it will be done by the end of summer. So I decided to rearrange the garage and make room for my lathe and a few other things. It's pretty nice to be back at the lathe! Here are some pics.

Attachments

• lathe.jpg
    lathe.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 269
  • lathe4.jpg
    lathe4.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 292
  • lathe3.jpg
    lathe3.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 255
  • lathe2.jpg
    lathe2.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 260
  • lathe1.jpg
    lathe1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 258
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Very nice auto shop Ernie!
I have never seen a roll around tool cabinet in that color before. Am I seeing a SnapOn logo on it? I think it is very retro cool! I would paint your Matco stand, and the safety clean to match!

Oh, BTW....great that you have a place for your lathe now. :biggrin:

EBorraga

In Memoriam
It's a snap 57 Chevy toolbox. I bought it in the late 90s. I also do alot of mechanical work out of it. I'll take a better pic of the toolbox

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It looks good in there Ernie. I see that nightmare bolted to the engine stand. I'm sure you'll be glad when that one is over with. You did good getting the lathe set up. Hope you get the add-on done this summer. Thanks for the pictures!

EBorraga

In Memoriam
It looks good in there Ernie. I see that nightmare bolted to the engine stand. I'm sure you'll be glad when that one is over with. You did good getting the lathe set up. Hope you get the add-on done this summer. Thanks for the pictures!

That nightmare will be put together tomorrow!!!

robutacion

Mate, I can see a mechanic's workshop and not a wood-working shop, that wood lathe looks so lonely among all those mechanic tools...!

I hope you can build that extension so that you can have the space you want.

Cheers
George

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Mate, I can see a mechanic's workshop and not a wood-working shop, that wood lathe looks so lonely among all those mechanic tools...!

I hope you can build that extension so that you can have the space you want.

Cheers
George

I'm fighting with the local neighborhood commission. I'm building a 2 car attachment but want to go high enough I can put a lift in. I do alot of mechanic work on the weekends, but I love to turn. That's plenty of room for me to turn

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Here you go Charlie.

Wow!! Love it!!
A collectible for sure......An American classic!

I'm pretty sure I bought it in 1997 or 1998. I seem to remember I paid $100.00 a week for about a year and a half for it. It's a pretty nice box, but overkill for my garage. Although it's completely full of tools!

Magicbob

Ernie, we missed and talked about you yesterday (mostly good):rolleyes:

I remember a number of years ago I bought the biggest stainless box sold at Lowes, as I was deciding the clerk was shocked when I told her I was down-sizing.:eek:

Great looking shop, but I worry about turning in an engine assembly area. JK I know you know what you are doing, Beside exotic sawdust only raises the viscosity of oil a few points.:wink:

Curly

I'm fighting with the local neighborhood commission. I'm building a 2 car attachment but want to go high enough I can put a lift in. I do alot of mechanic work on the weekends, but I love to turn. That's plenty of room for me to turn

You could go old school and make a pit to work under the car. Or perhaps a hybrid. A 4 foot deep pit with a short lift. ;) Curious, would they restrict the height if you were making the garage to store a motor home?

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Ernie, we missed and talked about you yesterday (mostly good):rolleyes:

I remember a number of years ago I bought the biggest stainless box sold at Lowes, as I was deciding the clerk was shocked when I told her I was down-sizing.:eek:

Great looking shop, but I worry about turning in an engine assembly area. JK I know you know what you are doing, Beside exotic sawdust only raises the viscosity of oil a few points.:wink:
I'm planning on building that engine this morning. It's been deemed the PT Cruiser from hell!! And I turn mostly plastic so we'll be good! I really wish I could of made the trip, but I'll be there for the MPG!!

Top Bottom