Ultra High Speed wood carver

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Hello everyone. I have been MIA for a very long time. But am still around and exorcising my creative bent. In recent years I have started working on my Artistic bent more than pen-turning was leading me toward. More costume from my own imagination creative work. In that interest I have started taking up carving and sculpting.

Now to my question. Does this group still have a bead on best deals and best quality on Ultra High Speed carvers like the Turbo Carver. I am gearing up to buy one and don't want to have to go through a series of them to get top quality and the biggest bang for my buck. I already have two requests for my work and present my first piece to it's owner yesterday. So I am lagging just a bit on the equipment acquisition. My next piece is to carve an Guardian Angel about the size of a nickle.

Thanks and I hope all is well in my favorite internet neighborhood.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

I own a Turbo Carver (the old oil lubed version). I would not buy another Turbo Carver. Too many horror stories about service and parts.

If I were buying today, I would probably buy myself a NSK Presto oil free handpiece.

Ed

lorbay

I own a Turbo Carver (the old oil lubed version). I would not buy another Turbo Carver. Too many horror stories about service and parts.

If I were buying today, I would probably buy myself a NSK Presto oil free handpiece.

Ed
NEC is likely the best on the market but lotsa $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lin.

PenPal

Ed

Daniel I would second the NSK Presto had mine for yrs my purchase was from
Jewelrysup in the states who provided me with prompt service.

Peter.

plantman

Daniel; I have had a Paregraver for 20 years that I have used for egg carvings, minitures, and fine detail work on woods, plastics, and glass etchings. It is a modified Dentist hand tool with a straight shank, runs around 200,000 to 400,000 RPMS on low (15 lbs.) of air pressure, and uses diamond coated or HSSS burs. It was not cheap !! I have not had any problems with it over the years, and it has seen many many hours of use. Here are a couple turkey eggs, and an ostrich egg to give you an idea of detail. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCN0780 (662x800).jpg
    DSCN0780 (662x800).jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN0781 (701x800).jpg
    DSCN0781 (701x800).jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN0782 (800x657).jpg
    DSCN0782 (800x657).jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Top Bottom